Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Malibu 247 sunscape/wakesetter

Adam247

New boat to us and wanted to share what we figured out on ballast setup on this beast! We have 1,100 lb bags in each locker and a tube sac in the ski locker which I believe is 340 lbs or so. Tons more room so may upgrade that soon, we also have an open bow sac up front. 

so far we’ve gotten the best wave with 4 people in boat and everything full and wedge down at 11.2mph. Speed control is off based on god on my phone, so I ordered a nauticlogic to use GPS, but this is close to best speed. We use a SWELL H3X plus wake shaper extended out around halfway or so from max.

Here’s a few pics:

Wave 1

Goofy wave video

anyone have any better ideas or tips for us? Had this about 2 weeks  

Your wave Looks good! Maybe more weight up front in the bow with some lead ballast.  I would play with the height of the shaper on how deep you submerge it and how far back to the stern you place it.  On my boat with the same hull and similar ballast the shaper makes a huge difference in just a few inches up or down and if my ballast is full.