Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a reset / Maliview command center blank screen fail at 30 hours / 2020 LSV 23

Had a great Fourth on  the water with the family.  After turning the engine off for the fireworks display, the Command Center software would NOT load when it was time to leave.  It functioned flawlessly for 6 hours earlier today.  When I powered up,  the Malibu logo splash screen appears for a few seconds,  but then both the screens flicker.  Engine would NOT turn over.   Turned batteries off, tried battery 1, tried battery 2, tried 1+2 after returning to ‘off position’ and waiting a few minutes.   We got home this evening with the emergency/override  key and thankfully the Nav lights came on.  Any ideas on a fix?   I’m on vacation at 5 hours away from my dealer.  Another dealer is 30 minutes away.   Looking for advice on a system reset to try salvage the vacation.   Thanks in advance.  🏄‍♀️ 

91FA2E97-962A-4EB9-8B64-B27C6526F244.jpeg

Edited by Superdice7
Command center correction
ahopkins22LSV

I’d start with making sure your batteries are fully charged. That sounds like a low voltage symptom. Also check all the battery connections to make sure they are right. 

She starts right up using the over ride key. It’s likely to be a software/hardware glitch. Thank you for your reply.  Now I’m debating if I should continue to use the boat for the next few days without the engine vitals.  Thoughts?

ahopkins22LSV

I still think you should have the batteries checked and check the connections. It could be a software issue but the electronics need good constant power to function properly. It’s a quick and easy check to rule it out at least. You can update the software via wifi in the 2020+ OS. 

So I am having major issues with my touch screens as well.  We lost the power just like you did and we had to have the power button replaced.  After 6 more hours of worry free use the command center went out.  We can actually control the command center from the top touch screen but cannot use the top touch screen as needed.  I am told I need to replace the main "brain" whatever that means.  

47 minutes ago, MikeAffleck said:

So I am having major issues with my touch screens as well.  We lost the power just like you did and we had to have the power button replaced.  After 6 more hours of worry free use the command center went out.  We can actually control the command center from the top touch screen but cannot use the top touch screen as needed.  I am told I need to replace the main "brain" whatever that means.  

Your system is a complete different setup than on the 2020's. Your other post about this should get some responses.

• 11 months later...

Did you happen to find out what the problem was because I had the same exact issue as you today?  Batteries were great. I hope an easy fix because boat is in a slip at the lake and we want to go out tomorrow. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Just had same similar issue with my 2021 MLX at 40 hours.  I am a newbie to the site.   Command Center went blank.  I can start engine with override.  The power/engine starter lights are on but command center not functioning.   Looking for another thread with similar issues.  Any suggestions?   Thank you.   

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ivardo

Sorry for the delay, from my dealer:   "called Malibut tech support , was totld to find IGN relay (burred in gunnel behind shifter).  Found corroded wire and bad relay.  Replaced and screens came back on".   70 hours later and no issues.