Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2020 A24 NOOB! Please be kind..... I did search

Lynkage

Hello everyone! I want to thank you in advance for your help.

We just purchased our first wakeboat. Came from a 2008 Yamaha AR230, and outboard fishing boats prior to that. We chose the Axis for it's great wave, expecting to keep it for a few years (4+) and then move to a Malibu. 

What, if any, tablet mounts do you folks use? I want to use an older iPad 9.7 pro W/LTE for nav (Navitonics app) and music. Our primary lake is Lake Powell. I would prefer to not drill holes in the vinyl on the dash but I am open to suggestions on what others have done. I was thinking of a RAM mount off of the side of the starboard windscreen. Have there been better solutions from users here? I will also control a Gopro from the tablet as well. Are there any other suggestions you folks have for me? We have the M6 engine. Bought it from Tommy's in Denver. We did not get to build it, but, it was one of the only A24's left in the west. We might have as many as 14 people during certain family adventures. We will rent a Houseboat every spring as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shane

1143B96E-C36A-4C20-8D41-43B16C78747D.jpeg

A8775026-32F8-49AF-936B-A952573AEAE0.jpeg

Edited by Lynkage
Added pictures
12 hours ago, braindamage said:

Welcome to the ‘crew!!

i don’t have a tablet but that’s a beautiful boat and a great first post with the pics!!

Thanks for the complements @braindamage!! I will post more on Tuesday when I pic it up! Maiden voyage is this Sunday the 12th! Lake Powell is hot and the water is just right!! ;) 

• Like 1

Love the colors - great looking boat.

Take a look at this one: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-126.  You want just the glare-shield clamp, then attach any Ram connection you see fit with you tablet.

I use something similar on my fishing boat, the only thing I'd say is that it gets bounced around pretty hard...  I'd be strategic where you put it.

1 hour ago, Lynkage said:

Well... it’s home now! And..... It fits in the Garage!!  I’m stoked!

CB6C8E2D-20E2-4276-92D2-E31516835366.jpeg

C1DC6261-1D5E-436D-8BFA-9331C53FA256.jpeg

7C077A78-BE21-4E4B-8797-32911477DE03.jpeg

DA2347B2-F9FB-49D2-BBAD-9877AE375B04.jpeg

Ram mount is the way to go.

pro level move with a garage that fits a 24’

what other toys you got there??

• Like 2

We rock crawl RZR’s here in Moab. It’s a blast as well! However we need a break when summer turns 100+. ;)

Ram mounts arrived today. Will try them out this coming week!

thanks for the suggestions! 👍

Edited by Lynkage
  • 2 weeks later...

I use my phone with the Navtronics western lakes app.  I think the ride gets too bouncy for a full iPad although I have the program on that as well. It is perfect for Powell and I took a 70 foot houseboat all the way to good hope bay with it flying blind in the dark (10:00 pm) and just keeping it between the green lines that mark the deepest part of the channel.  I recommend it to everyone.   It even marks mike markers and they are within 50 feet of where they are marked.  It also marks all the places I have been in the channel and the beaches that are best. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:00 AM, Macutak said:

I use my phone with the Navtronics western lakes app.  I think the ride gets too bouncy for a full iPad although I have the program on that as well. It is perfect for Powell and I took a 70 foot houseboat all the way to good hope bay with it flying blind in the dark (10:00 pm) and just keeping it between the green lines that mark the deepest part of the channel.  I recommend it to everyone.   It even marks mike markers and they are within 50 feet of where they are marked.  It also marks all the places I have been in the channel and the beaches that are best. 

Yep, I agree that the iPad is probably a bit heavy for the nav task in the boat but the houseboat it is perfect!

Congratulations!  We also moved from a Yamaha (AR240) to an Axis A24 (2018) and have really enjoyed the boat.  As for a mount, I use the following for my iphone and suction cup it just in front of the throttle and it has worked well.  Not sure how well a heavier ipad would work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754NDNT8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1