Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Full Throttle shows Service Required Message

Hi,

I bought a 2017 Malibu 22 MXZ with a 575 engine and the first time I took it to Lake Mead everything was perfect.

The second time when I left the marina and went full throttle I got the "Service Required" Message like 4 times so I just lowered the speed.

I haven't changed anything and I am putting premium gas since its a requirement but is there anything else I should be looking for?

the first time I took it out to the lake I used up all the premium gas and the second time I filled up with premium gas..

this only happened coming out of the marina.. after an hour or so it did not happen anymore maybe the engine was cold or something clogged up?

Malibu manual for my vlx states that if the code goes to inactive, it has corrected itself & not a concern. Its the ones that stay active which are to be concerned of. I had a misfire detected on mine that moved to inactive about 40 hours ago, nothing since. Also happened when hitting higher RPMs on the boats first trip to the lake this year. 

I've read on here after 3 full warm ups (has to drop below 140 before next warm up), most codes will clear themselves. I have not had any code clear itself & they remain in the Inactive queue. If it doesn't happen again, I would chalk it up more on the electronic side of things with throwing a code and more of a voltage issue on the sensor. Not an expert by any means, just my $0.2 worth or reading into codes on TMC. 

On 7/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, BlacknBu said:

Malibu manual for my vlx states that if the code goes to inactive, it has corrected itself & not a concern. Its the ones that stay active which are to be concerned of. I had a misfire detected on mine that moved to inactive about 40 hours ago, nothing since. Also happened when hitting higher RPMs on the boats first trip to the lake this year. 

I've read on here after 3 full warm ups (has to drop below 140 before next warm up), most codes will clear themselves. I have not had any code clear itself & they remain in the Inactive queue. If it doesn't happen again, I would chalk it up more on the electronic side of things with throwing a code and more of a voltage issue on the sensor. Not an expert by any means, just my $0.2 worth or reading into codes on TMC. 

thanks for the info..

today i went to the lake again and as soon as i left the no wake zone i went into full throttle and once i started hitting 41mph

which is the fastest the boat can go I saw that message again so I moved the throttle down a bit into like 35mph and did not see the msg again..

after an hour or so I went full throttle again and the messages never appeared.. 

Edited by Delpiero

My 2017 has been doing this lately as well.  Any known issues related to this in the 2017 6.2 Raptor engines that anybody knows of?  Could it be bad spark plugs?  Is it worth changing the spark plugs?  I haven't noticed any engine problems other than the alarm coming on saying "Cylinder 4 misfiring.  No backfiring or clicking noises from the engine.  When I slow down the alarm goes off and the code goes away.