Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Wake Setter Won’t Start

My family and I have been stranded twice after running our boat for several hours and stopping. 
If we turn it off it will not start again. 
We had to get towed today and it was so embarrassing. 
Does anyone have any ideas? 

What motor? Vapor lock?  Are are you running e10 fuel?  

If a vapor lock take the fuel filter off and reinstall it. 

Edited by dwc032

It cranks but simply won’t turn over. Battery is good, computer screen works fine, no faults to fix, seems to start fine when it’s cold.

we have a bunch of life jackets , big Mabel etc in the back. Is this keeping the engine from breathing? 

So we stopped and put gas in it at a station that over non ethanol. Thinking we go bad gas because never a problem. Boat would run and then chock out miss and quit. 
I took it to a marina, put sea foam in it and filled it up with good gas. 
Worked fine after that for two good trips. I also learned that my wedge has been going down on its own ?? It wasn’t fully in up /down position so it wouldn’t start. 
Yesterday we ran it all day exploring a big lake. Took kids to a place to climb trees. Turned boat off and then it would not start again. If it did it chugged , spurted and quit. Even last night after getting it home it started with fake lack but when I shut it off it would not start again.