Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tips for drying out boat between trips

So the local lakes near me have got a little crazy on the inspections for any water under the boat. How do you keep yours dry between trips? I almost didn't make it on the lake this past weekend because they thought my engine compartment, and through hull was wet but it was just gas. I leave the plugs out, and compartments open for a day or so it's just hard where I live. (Community RV/Trailer parking) 

Just now, bbrett said:

So the local lakes near me have got a little crazy on the inspections for any water under the boat. How do you keep yours dry between trips? I almost didn't make it on the lake this past weekend because they thought my engine compartment, and through hull was wet but it was just gas. I leave the plugs out, and compartments open for a day or so it's just hard where I live. (Community RV/Trailer parking) 

If you park it outside it is going to be tough.  Mine is in the garage and I just leave the rear hatches open to dry up any small amount of water that gets in.  Do you have electricity where you park so you could stick a carpet fan in to dry out the bilge?

• Like 1
formulaben
22 minutes ago, bbrett said:

I almost didn't make it on the lake this past weekend because they thought my engine compartment, and through hull was wet but it was just gas.

:shocked:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!  Is this what I think it means?!  First things first, if you're saying you had gas in your bilge, then this is BAD.  People get serious injuries and die from this each year...you really need to get that fixed and for sure use your blower for a few minutes before you start your engine.  And if this is gas, DO NOT VACUUM IT. 

If this is not what you're trying to say, please explain...

1 hour ago, formulaben said:

:shocked:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!  Is this what I think it means?!  First things first, if you're saying you had gas in your bilge, then this is BAD.  People get serious injuries and die from this each year...you really need to get that fixed and for sure use your blower for a few minutes before you start your engine.  And if this is gas, DO NOT VACUUM IT. 

If this is not what you're trying to say, please explain...

When pulling the through plug in the ski locker, the water has a very light rainbow color and when you stick your finger in it, it very slightly smells of gas. The engine compartment is completely dry, I didn't notice it till it was pointed out but it was old oil or gas drops, so I wiped those off. FYI I do turn on the blower for about 5 mins when I first run the boat. 

Edited by bbrett