Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 mxz build sheet?

SOcalSurfer

Hey crew. 

currently debating between a 2021 23 lsv or 23 mxz. I was wondering if anyone had a 2020 price sheet for the 23 mxz I could look at? Wanted to start pricing out options and all that fun stuff. 

ive read up on the other threads of the differences between the 2 boats but really want to see the different options on a price sheet between the 2. 

bonus points if anyone has been able to find out what cool touch vinyl is offered for 2021. Really want to spring for a darker interior but being in the AZ sun, I think it’s gotta be cool touch to not burn our skin off.

thanks all 

23 LSV (M5) $118,000
23 MXZ (M5) $132,424
23 MXZ (M6) $138,424
25 LSV (M6) $140,320

Those are 2020 base prices at MSRP, except for the M6 upgrade I tacked on the 23 MXZ at $6000 (I might be slightly off on that one) to show that it’s pretty close to a 25 LSV. 

2021 prices will be aprox 3% higher. I haven’t collected them all yet to be 100% precise. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Would a m5  even push a 23mxz?

Was also thinking this. I definitely think you can get away with it in the 23lsv, but I’m not convinced a M5 would power an mxz 

15 hours ago, carnold12 said:

Just your weekly reminder how much of a "bargain boat" the 25 LSV is compared to other models out there in the wakeboat space

I double checked and the M6 is a $6k upgrade, so I updated my math above.  Your point is still valid though.

That said, I absolutely love the 23 MXZ.  If I didn't have a 25 LSV, I'd be in a 23 MXZ.  I like it that much. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I double checked and the M6 is a $6k upgrade, so I updated my math above.  Your point is still valid though.

You are correct on that, just got my quote build sheet on a 2021 23 LSV and that is what it shows.

I was a little shocked with my MSRP price being $180k, working on reducing that down some now by crossing off some options.

2 hours ago, jwl019 said:

You are correct on that, just got my quote build sheet on a 2021 23 LSV and that is what it shows.

I was a little shocked with my MSRP price being $180k, working on reducing that down some now by crossing off some options.

It adds up super quick that’s for sure. It really puts in perspective what you can live without in your new boat. 

12 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

It adds up super quick that’s for sure. It really puts in perspective what you can live without in your new boat. 

Got MSRP down to $171k and trying to do some more but it's getting harder. Deleted the M6, heater, trailer bow step, backup camera, and interior flip down entry/exit steps.  Not much else I could do without.

I did just notice my '18 had Icon 8's on tower vs the Rev 8's on the build sheet, might can save some there if it's still an option.

38 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

Got MSRP down to $171k and trying to do some more but it's getting harder. Deleted the M6, heater, trailer bow step, backup camera, and interior flip down entry/exit steps.  Not much else I could do without.

I did just notice my '18 had Icon 8's on tower vs the Rev 8's on the build sheet, might can save some there if it's still an  

I think I’ve made up my mind and going with the 23lsv. Would rather have the mxz but just priced out and won’t put an m5 in the mxz

I think the popular options I’m doing without are the heater, the flip down entry seats, and the wakeview bench. I know many love the wakeview but we have it now and it NEVER gets used. 

55 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

I think I’ve made up my mind and going with the 23lsv. Would rather have the mxz but just priced out and won’t put an m5 in the mxz

I think the popular options I’m doing without are the heater, the flip down entry seats, and the wakeview bench. I know many love the wakeview but we have it now and it NEVER gets used. 

I know you're moving over here to AZ but don't skimp out on a heater if you plan on riding year round. There are chilly mornings over here and having the heater makes everyone happy! I've been here since 05 and all 6 of my boats have had a heater.....trust me on this one!

Edited by st22eve
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, jwl019 said:

I did just notice my '18 had Icon 8's on tower vs the Rev 8's on the build sheet, might can save some there if it's still an option.

The best way to save on tower speakers is to order without them and install them yourself. @IXFE has a great DIY/how to write up on it. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

The best way to save on tower speakers is to order without them and install them yourself. @IXFE has a great DIY/how to write up on it. 

Yup, skip the factory sub while you're at it.

Speaking of companies that can't keep up with soaring demand these days, make sure you're able to source any stereo equipment before you delete the factory installs. I've always done this too and installed Exile towers and amps to get better sound for less $. However, they're sold out even after rolling out some big price increases. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Yup, skip the factory sub while you're at it.

The sub in my '18 was definitely pretty weak.

If you skip the factory sub, guessing there will not be a hole already cut under the helm with the Malibu cover?  If that's the case, where is the best place to put one, still under the helm?

19 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

The sub in my '18 was definitely pretty weak.

If you skip the factory sub, guessing there will not be a hole already cut under the helm with the Malibu cover?  If that's the case, where is the best place to put one, still under the helm?

Yes, still put it under the helm. You won’t get a hole cut (although I’ve heard you can ask to have it cut at the factory, as a special instruction). You can cut it yourself also. That’s what I did. You’d am also order a factory grill (if that’s the look you’re after) or fashion your own. 

I would strongly suggest getting the M6.  A boat is something you buy rarely, and the engine is something not easily replaced.  It’s the heart of the Boat and the most important option in my opinion.  You can fix most of the other options down the road or easily live without, but trying to surf with a loaded boat and struggling if at any altitude will leave you frustrated with your new 130k boat.  Adding another 6k is minimal to your monthly but will increase resale value and ensure you boat has all the power you want when you want it.  Just my .02.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, boardjnky4 said:

I drove a 23 MXZ with the M5 last night. Get the M6. Strongly suggested.

Same. The 23 MXZ almost requires the M6. It can surf loaded but higher rpms. But if you wakeboard at all you’ll never get it on plane fully ballasted with more than 2-3 people in the boat.

The dealer I work with tends not to upgrade their Engines for their stock boats. Myself and one of the other sales guys were in TN and tested out the lineups... they only order the 23 MXZ with an M6 ... they brought in 3 of them. I think all 2/3 have gone. My .02