Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Charlotte2

injector for indmar 2000

Recommended Posts

Charlotte2

Hello everyone, I have to change an injector and I can’t find a model, no reference on the part. I found at indmar more than 300 dollars. I know that there are replacement models. can you help me please? thank you!

( indmar parts Injector i556049) 

Engine indmar 5,7 mpi 2000 year

malibu wakesetter 23 lsv 2000 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

Hello everyone, I have to change an injector and I can’t find a model, no reference on the part. I found at indmar more than 300 dollars. I know that there are replacement models. can you help me please? thank you!

( indmar parts Injector i556049) 

Engine indmar 5,7 mpi 2000 year

malibu wakesetter 23 lsv 2000 

I have not changed my injectors, but a search here showed that a Bostech MP3022 may be the correct replacement.  I cross referenced that to an AC/Delco 19244617, which is superseded by 17124248.

I checked Rock Auto and found that injector used on a 1995 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L.  They show 19244617 as very similar to the part you showed.  Remanufactured ones are less than $30 US.  You may need a seal kit as well.

19244617_Primary__ra_p.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
3 hours ago, justgary said:

Je n'ai pas changé mes injecteurs, mais une recherche ici a montré qu'un Bostech MP3022 peut être le bon remplacement. Je l'ai renvoyé à un AC / Delco 19244617, qui est remplacé par 17124248.

J'ai vérifié Rock Auto et j'ai trouvé cet injecteur utilisé sur une Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L de 1995. Ils montrent que 19244617 est très similaire à la partie que vous avez montrée. Celles remises à neuf coûtent moins de 30 $ US. Vous pourriez également avoir besoin d'un kit de joint.

19244617_Primary__ra_p.jpg

thank you very much. sorry I don’t speak well because translation... if I understood correctly I have to buy Bostech MP3022 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
5 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

thank you very much. sorry I don’t speak well because translation... if I understood correctly I have to buy Bostech MP3022 ? 

I see.  I will type slowly for you.  :lol:

Please understand that I am not completely certain of the part number you need for your engine, but it looks like a 1995 Camaro 5.7L has the same injectors.  You need 3 Bar, 24 pound injectors.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1995,camaro,5.7l+v8,1035908,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

I think that any of the following will work.  They may have different quality and prices, so I will list all that I see:

New:

  • Ultra Power FJ164, $18.77
  • Standard Motor Products FJ164, $53.89
  • AC/Delco 19244617, $98.97

Remanufactured:

  • Bostech MP3022, $28.85
  • GB 83211133, $27.79
  • Autoline 16919, $25.79

Please let us know which one you buy, and if it works OK for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
9 hours ago, justgary said:

Je vois. Je vais taper lentement pour vous.  : lol:

Veuillez comprendre que je ne suis pas complètement certain du numéro de pièce dont vous avez besoin pour votre moteur, mais il semble qu'une Camaro 5.7L de 1995 possède les mêmes injecteurs. Vous avez besoin de 3 bars, injecteurs de 24 livres.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1995,camaro,5.7l+v8,1035908,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

Je pense que l'un des éléments suivants fonctionnera. Ils peuvent avoir une qualité et des prix différents, je vais donc énumérer tout ce que je vois:

Nouveau:

  • Ultra Power FJ164, 18,77 $
  • Produits de moteur standard FJ164, 53,89 $
  • AC / Delco 19244617, 98,97 $

Remis à neuf:

  • Bostech MP3022, 28,85 $
  • GB 83211133, 27,79 $
  • Autoline 16919, 25,79 $

S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir lequel vous achetez, et si cela fonctionne bien pour vous.

thank you very much. ok I look for buy. my engine is hammerhead 365 hp but I think is good. have good day

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2

I received today, I test tomorrow and I will inform you ... thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
On 7/1/2020 at 5:02 AM, justgary said:

I see.  I will type slowly for you.  : lol:

Please understand that I am not completely certain of the part number you need for your engine, but it looks like a 1995 Camaro 5.7L has the same injectors.  You need 3 Bar, 24 pound injectors.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1995,camaro,5.7l+v8,1035908,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

Je pense que l'un des éléments suivants fonctionnera. Ils peuvent avoir une qualité et des prix différents, je vais donc énumérer tout ce que je vois:

Nouveau:

  • Ultra Power FJ164, 18,77 $
  • Produits de moteur standard FJ164, 53,89 $
  • AC / Delco 19244617, 98,97 $

Remis à neuf:

  • Bostech MP3022, 28,85 $
  • GB 83211133, 27,79 $
  • Autoline 16919, 25,79 $

S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir lequel vous achetez, et si cela fonctionne bien pour vous.

Salut . J'ai essayé le cylindre maintenant. la bougie est magnifique. les 7 autres bougies sont noires. Je pense que les injecteurs sont fatigués. J'ai commandé. merci beaucoup pour votre aide qui me sauve ...

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
3 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Salut . J'ai essayé le cylindre maintenant. la bougie est magnifique. les 7 autres bougies sont noires. Je pense que les injecteurs sont fatigués. J'ai commandé. merci beaucoup pour votre aide qui me sauve ...

Pardonnez mon "google french".

Votre moteur fonctionne-t-il mieux maintenant? Quel injecteur avez-vous décidé d'acheter?

Share this post


Link to post
Eagleboy99

You should have used "français" in "google french".    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
On 7/10/2020 at 1:01 AM, justgary said:

Pardonnez mon "google french".

Votre moteur fonctionne-t-il mieux maintenant? Quel injecteur avez-vous décidé d'acheter?

Hello. The engine works a little better but you need the 8 Injectors. I took the fj164 to try. The engine has small misfire and small black smoke when accelerating ... 

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
5 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Hello. The engine works a little better but you need the 8 Injectors. I took the fj164 to try. The engine has small misfire and small black smoke when accelerating ... 

I would have tried that one (FJ164) first also. 

Did you test your fuel pressure?  You could have a bad pump or regulator.  Test it at key on, idle, midrange, and wide open throttle.  The pressure should stay at ~42 pounds (3 Bar, 300kPa).

Have you already changed the rotor, cap, and spark plug wires?  A slight misfire from bad spark can cause your symptoms.  The cap and rotor should have brass terminals instead of aluminum.

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
On 7/11/2020 at 4:45 PM, justgary said:

I would have tried that one (FJ164) first also. 

Did you test your fuel pressure?  You could have a bad pump or regulator.  Test it at key on, idle, midrange, and wide open throttle.  The pressure should stay at ~42 pounds (3 Bar, 300kPa).

Have you already changed the rotor, cap, and spark plug wires?  A slight misfire from bad spark can cause your symptoms.  The cap and rotor should have brass terminals instead of aluminum.

Hello. I did not manage to test the pressure but the pressure regulator appears OK no diaphragm pierced or petrol in the vacuum hose ... the mixture of gasoline air appears rich trio because black smoke early acceleration it engorges and 1 second after it accelerates very well, powerful and fast

Share this post


Link to post
justgary

A fuel pressure meter should be relatively cheap. 

You also did not say if you changed the distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs, and wires.  They are maintenance items.

-----

Un manomètre de carburant devrait être relativement bon marché.

Vous n'avez pas non plus précisé si vous aviez changé le chapeau et le rotor du distributeur, les bougies d'allumage et les fils. Ce sont des éléments d'entretien.

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
On 14/07/2020 at 15:43, justgary said:

Un manomètre de carburant devrait être relativement bon marché. 

Vous n'avez pas non plus précisé si vous aviez changé le chapeau et le rotor du distributeur, les bougies d'allumage et les fils. Ce sont des éléments d'entretien.

-----

Un manomètre de carburant devrait être relativement bon marché.

Vous n'avez pas non plus précisé si vous aviez changé le chapeau et le rotor du distributeur, les bougies d'allumage et les fils. Ce sont des éléments d'entretien.

Hello . I have the distributor head with bronze, the wires seem correct, spark news ... I tried a new 3 bar pressure regulator but ..always the same thing ... also, my cooling water temperature calorstat must be block because it does not rise in temperature. can it influence the richness of gasoline?

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
46 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

...it does not rise in temperature. can it influence the richness of gasoline?

Yes, absolutely.  The ECM will provide too much gasoline if it thinks the engine is cold.  Check the temperature sender and the thermostat to make sure they both work correctly.  You should have a 160*F (71*C) thermostat in the engine. 

Also be aware that the engine has two temperature senders; one for the ECM and the other for the gauges.  @formulaben might post his famous diagram here to show you which is which.

 

Share this post


Link to post
formulaben

Share this post


Link to post
justgary

... and apparently @formulaben was standing by his computer just waiting to help!

Share this post


Link to post
formulaben

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
1 hour ago, justgary said:

Yes, absolutely.  The ECM will provide too much gasoline if it thinks the engine is cold.  Check the temperature sender and the thermostat to make sure they both work correctly.  You should have a 160*F (71*C) thermostat in the engine. 

Also be aware that the engine has two temperature senders; one for the ECM and the other for the gauges.  @formulaben might post his famous diagram here to show you which is which.

 

great friends it's really nice I'm leaving with the boat on holiday on Sunday I hope to be able to unlock the calorstat or fool the temperature sensor can etrz shint or unplug ...

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2
1 hour ago, formulaben said:

mrwieo.jpg

do you know the resistance value of the temperature probe? thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Charlotte2

Good morning all . I have cleaning the thermostat and the probe. the engine heats up to 180 degrees and runs flawlessly. Thank you very much all for your help. without you difficult to repair .. here in France not many Malibu boats and not many specialist .. good day and thank you again !!!

Share this post


Link to post
justgary
10 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Good morning all . I have cleaning the thermostat and the probe. the engine heats up to 180 degrees and runs flawlessly. Thank you very much all for your help. without you difficult to repair .. here in France not many Malibu boats and not many specialist .. good day and thank you again !!!

Congratulations on getting it repaired! 

Please change your thermostat to 160.  180 is too hot for a boat with raw cooling.  Buy a marine grade one so it lasts longer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...