Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Tower Mirror Arm for G3.5

sjj755

I’m looking to buy a mirror tower arm for my 2017 22MXZ.

The Nice-Rack seems to be a good option.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I have the same mirror arm, but to fold it up when driving it goes up sideways into the middle of the walkthrough.  The Nice rack would be the best, but what they want for it is highway robbery.  If you hold tight, my buddy at Uptice.com is working on a new design that will be quite a bit cheaper than the Nice option. 

Disclaimer:  I have no financial interest in his business, but have been pleased with his products and have been an idea contributor and product tester for several items he sells.  

Skip it, save the money and stay with a windshield mounted mirror. I hate the tower  mirror on my g3 tower. It is always right where you think your head should be when it is folded in. If you have to drop the tower, mirror has to come off (or let it damage your dash) and that tiny washer that keeps it locked in place, loves to magically disappear every time you pull the mirror off. Don’t ask me how I really feel...

8 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Skip it, save the money and stay with a windshield mounted mirror. I hate the tower  mirror on my g3 tower. It is always right where you think your head should be when it is folded in. If you have to drop the tower, mirror has to come off (or let it damage your dash) and that tiny washer that keeps it locked in place, loves to magically disappear every time you pull the mirror off. Don’t ask me how I really feel...

None of these concerns with a Nice-Rack. Look them up and see.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, dalt1 said:

I have and love my NiceRack!:biggrin: Can't wait to see what Uptice comes up with.

You have same boat as me.  I bought this mirror arm and can’t see anything with it.

the Bimini is in the way.  Best I can see is knees to ankles wakesurfing.  Can’t see to position it correctly.  When I’m flat in the water it seems great but the second that bows goes up mirror has to be tiled and bad view.   

how to you have yours positioned?  Must be different than mine.

E30B7A69-ABF7-4D7C-88A3-2F79765C0D28.jpeg

FC0B0DBB-2326-4F0F-9637-A65DAAA435CE.jpeg

D7B2224A-B554-4191-9BF7-E5B48C5B2A0D.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dwake said:

You have same boat as me.  I bought this mirror arm and can’t see anything with it.

the Bimini is in the way.  Best I can see is knees to ankles wakesurfing.  Can’t see to position it correctly.  When I’m flat in the water it seems great but the second that bows goes up mirror has to be tiled and bad view.   

how to you have yours positioned?  Must be different than mine.

E30B7A69-ABF7-4D7C-88A3-2F79765C0D28.jpeg

FC0B0DBB-2326-4F0F-9637-A65DAAA435CE.jpeg

D7B2224A-B554-4191-9BF7-E5B48C5B2A0D.jpeg

I think you need to play with the positioning of the arm until it’s close to what you want, then you can fine tune the mirror itself.  Once we got ours dialed in It’s been great and we don’t mess with it.