Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gen 3 fuel pump on a 2015 23 LSV

Can someone help or point me in the right direction to fix my 2015 23 LSV please. I believe it has the Gen 3 fuel pump and the boat is giving a code of “fuel pressure below normal or shorted SPN:94 FMI:4” the dealer claims it needs a new fuel pump and with all this COVID stuff going on they state the pumps are back ordered. Is it possible to rebuild the pump or order a after market pump?  

3 hours ago, Bubbasboy said:

Can someone help or point me in the right direction to fix my 2015 23 LSV please. I believe it has the Gen 3 fuel pump and the boat is giving a code of “fuel pressure below normal or shorted SPN:94 FMI:4” the dealer claims it needs a new fuel pump and with all this COVID stuff going on they state the pumps are back ordered. Is it possible to rebuild the pump or order a after market pump?  

Bakes is out of stock, I just replaced my old Gen 2 with the new Gen 3 several months ago and it was a very simple straightforward process.  Given the age of your boat/pump, I would lean more towards some contaminants that might be clogging the filter socks.  I would order these from Bakes.....and change the two socks prior to getting a new pump.

https://www.bakesonline.com/fuel-pump-filter-kit-for-in-tank-fuel-pump.html

2010 Malibu response - Running slalom course at 34mph, and boat just died while under power. Electrical all good, will crank over, but no start after this failure. Further, no smell of gasoline, even when I pumped the throttle when trying to restart. Towed back to dock. (Fuel at 50% full). Guessing if it was ignition system, I would smell fuel, but did not. Can't believe it would be any type of filters, as this thing "just quit" at 34mph.

Further, see that any fuel pump for Malibu Response are on "back order".   

Any thoughts / ideas????

2 hours ago, funlife said:

2010 Malibu response - Running slalom course at 34mph, and boat just died while under power. Electrical all good, will crank over, but no start after this failure. Further, no smell of gasoline, even when I pumped the throttle when trying to restart. Towed back to dock. (Fuel at 50% full). Guessing if it was ignition system, I would smell fuel, but did not. Can't believe it would be any type of filters, as this thing "just quit" at 34mph.

Further, see that any fuel pump for Malibu Response are on "back order".   

Any thoughts / ideas????

Refer to the no start troubleshooting sticky at the head of this forum. 

BTW, pumping the throttle does nothing on an injected engine. 

Boat is back running. End result was a distributor rotor with the center contact that was completely fried, like completely gone - fried. Mechanic said he's never seen anything like that, especially under power, but concluded it may have been corrosion or a contaminant on either the rotor or distributor that worked its way to failure. (Cap and rotor was replaced two years ago). Amazing that it failed while under power, running about 3400 rpm (34.3MPH).  Anyway, glad that is was 'minor', and I'm back on the water in under a weeks downtime.

Certainly the "no start" checklist that 'justgary' has put together would have led to this as well. What amazes me is that there was ABSOLUTELY NO gas / fume / vapor smell when the boat shut down, not was there any upon trying to restart. - Thinking maybe that computer keeps fuel off/ pressure off is no spark/current is sensed??