Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Suction Cup Gate

BCJohnsontx

This was something I told my wife I really wanted to do on the boat. Surf ropeless and drink a beer. Finally got a setup that allows that to happen!

https://youtu.be/riFMXo9EPzI

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone with a 2006 Malibu 23 LSV, we really have this boat dialed in now with the Wakemakers Piggyback ballast and the DIY Surfgate, every time we go out we have a huge wave that everyone can throw the rope on and ride until they are tired. The photos never seem to show how good the wave is, but its tall and very clean now as shown in this attached picture of our neighbor surfing for the very first time. 

We were really frustrated with our surfing up until recently, but its great now and everyone loves the boat. I am going to get some better measurements off of my DIY Surfgate and post them here for anyone who is interested. The Surfgate + extra ballast were the missing pieces we needed. 

Thanks to everyone here who helped out with advice on the new boat. 

IMG_8972.JPG

5 hours ago, BCJohnsontx said:

For anyone with a 2006 Malibu 23 LSV, we really have this boat dialed in now with the Wakemakers Piggyback ballast and the DIY Surfgate, every time we go out we have a huge wave that everyone can throw the rope on and ride until they are tired. The photos never seem to show how good the wave is, but its tall and very clean now as shown in this attached picture of our neighbor surfing for the very first time. 

We were really frustrated with our surfing up until recently, but its great now and everyone loves the boat. I am going to get some better measurements off of my DIY Surfgate and post them here for anyone who is interested. The Surfgate + extra ballast were the missing pieces we needed. 

Thanks to everyone here who helped out with advice on the new boat. 

IMG_8972.JPG

Please do!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude I kept loosing my harbor freight ones and said fk it.was in Home Depot one day and seen a suction cup for old people that goes above the bath tube, worked perfect and has never came off.

Would post a image but have not figured out how to get the url of images off my iPhone 

• Like 1