Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop damage

Learn2surf

Is there any wiggle room for prop damage?  Like will a little damage be an issue if you use it as such for a day.  Boat is a 2019 23 LSV.  I will buy a new prop this week but just wanted one more day this weekend of boating.  But obviously I will skip if it will cause bad vibration or harm boat in any way!

IN my experience , Depending on the damage you can get some channel locks and straighten a little. If there is any vibration at all don’t use.

10 minutes ago, TNgillster said:

IN my experience , Depending on the damage you can get some channel locks and straighten a little. If there is any vibration at all don’t use.

Since we did it while trailering in a new launch...I think we will skip tomorrow.  We didn’t test to see if there is vibration..but probably not worth the risk.  Thank you!  We are highly unqualified to pretend like we could fix it.  Lol!

Edited by Learn2surf

+2 on the spare prop.  Issue with trying to fix it is that you won't know if you got it right until you put the boat in the water.  Boggles the mind every year how many people buy these bazillion dollar boats and don't buy a spare prop and the tools to change it.

8 hours ago, BigE said:

2 props = weekend saver.

Get you old prop fixed for a backup.

That’s the plan.  We actually have one being fixed under warranty bc something failed on the boat and caused an issue.  But it isn’t back yet.

5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

+2 on the spare prop.  Issue with trying to fix it is that you won't know if you got it right until you put the boat in the water.  Boggles the mind every year how many people buy these bazillion dollar boats and don't buy a spare prop and the tools to change it.

Nothing boggling actually.  We are waiting for our first prop to be repaired.  Our boat had a failure...and it dinged our first prop.  We didn’t want to just buy one while we wait.  Lol. We are new to boating.  But thanks for being boggled.  It isn’t a big deal.  The weather is crap here today anyway. It didn’t ask what you think I should do for a back up....I just asked if there is any leeway.