Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hit prop & motor won’t restart

Today, we were out on the lake & hit an unmarked rock - We were only going 5 mph - the boat stopped & shuddered - It is out of the water - the only visible damage is the prop - everything else looks great ( thankfully) is it possible that the system just needs a reset after install of new prop?

Ty

That was possibly the reality - it may have been in gear - It’s a new boat & we were surprised where we hit - that’s all - I need to go to Marina (where we dropped it off for repair) & check tomorrow - if not dies it need to get reset? 

Many cars like Ford have an accident kill switch that turns off the motor in the event of an accident.  Even a small fender bender will turn off an engine until the "breaker" is reset.  New boats may have a similar set up.

So the moral of the story . We had left in gear - we were so shocked  when we hit on the second day of ownership  I heard because of COVID-19 that a number of community associations had not put out warnings for rocks etc.

I was thankful to show up in the morning & see the boat in gear in the Marina -

#RookieMistake

Thanks for all your help.

• Like 1