Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 malibu sunscape 21 lsv Bow Ballast Options

damon

Just bought a "new to me" 2009 malibu sunscape 21 lsv. I'm looking to use it as a cross-over boat. I slalom ski, but want to get into surfing also - kind of opposite extremes for the wake. From the research I've done, the 2009 sunscape 21 lsv is a little unique and there just doesn't seem to be a lot online about that particular model. This boat has no factory ballast, but came with the plug and play bags in both rear compartments and the mid-ship ski locker. It also has the power wedge. I bought a mission delta 2, as I've been told that is the trick to getting a good surf wake. When I fill the rear and mid ballasts and attach the mission delta, it throws a pretty big wake. When I add the power wedge into the mix, the wake size increases quite a bit, but the bow goes straight in the air. Additionally, I just don't quite get enough push from the wake to be able to let go of the rope. I'm assuming that the problem here is that I need more bow weight. That brings me to my question. What options do I have for bow ballast? I know that I could just throw a bag on the seat and hook it up to a pump and throw a hose off the side of the boat. But, I'm wondering if there is a more integrated option. I have a control at the helm for a bow ballast, but I don't see any hookups. Is there any way to get under the seats to put a bag there? Or do they make a plug and play bag that would go inside the seats? Would that even be enough weight? Or am I stuck just putting a bag on top of the seats?

Lastly, is there a built in pump somewhere to use with the plug and play system? Or do I have to buy a pump?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!