Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

360 tower light install?

Miamifanatic

I have a 2020 23lsv and trying to install a 360 tower light. Boat has black and white wires but 360 light has black,white,yellow and green wires. I hooked up black and white wires and the Nav light works but the 360 don’t. Was wondering if anybody has done a install or knows a schematic for where the yellow and green wires go?

I assume you are not talking about the white 360 degree anchor light and are talking about the new 360 front/rear tower lights for the new Gx/G5 tower? 

Honestly, I have no idea, but Id wager a guess that the yellow/green wires power the 360 light. id look at the base of the towers and see if you can see what/how many wires are going up into them. my thought is that IF your boat is wired for the 360 tower lights then they are probably down in the tower somewhere and need to be fished out. if they are not pre-wired into the tower, you will probably have to run some. 

The instructions I got say black to black then white boat wire to yellow tower light then have to run green and white wires thru tower. Now I can’t find the 2 pin tower plug in. Suppose to be in the hull or under dash. 
Do all boats come prewired for all options? Or do I need to buy wiring harness also?

I just purchased the 360 tower light from dealer and I ran wires thru tower but I can’t find the 2 pin 360 tower plug. Dealer instructions say I have to find it and plug into it and find 360 tower light breaker and plug into it

cant find either plugs anybody have idea where they would be?

looked under dash and down side from tower to dash

only breaker box I see is under dash but no 360 tower breaker on it tried pulling it out to see behind it but wires were to tight to pull out

I suspect this is the plug you are looking for. If so, it’s coming out of the starboard tower base near the wiring harness under gunnel. It’s a 2x2 four position weatherpac plug. It also controls the anchor light.

** I used these connections to control my Rev 10 tower lights from the screen.

4AA9BA49-21E1-47FA-A36E-00B80A8FDEE6.jpeg

Edited by G Spot
  • Like 1

Does anybody know where the breaker panel is located with the tower light breaker on it?

im installing the new 360 tower light and the instructions say I have to plug the spade into the breaker but can’t find it.

theres one on starboard side with the key but don’t have a tower light breaker on it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I installed the 360 tower light on a G5 tower over the weekend. boat came with the 360 degree white anchor light.

I found that there 4 wires (Black, Grey/Blue, Yellow/Pink, Grey/Black I think) running up into the tower (on the starboard side). however, when I removed the light itself, I only found two of the wires. It looks like they installed the tower light and then pulled the wires tight back down into the gunnel, because when I put an endoscope into the top of the tower, I found the other two wires about 18" back down the tube, and there was no slack. 

I cut the wires running from the Anchor light, pulled the wires down the tower leg, added about 24" of wire to all 4 wires, and then ran the wires back up the tower leg. The set screws are offset, but the light itself can be installed facing forward or backwards. Black=Ground, Yellow=360, Red=Tower light, Green=other tower light. 

Then I turned the setting on in the configuration menu and (so far) everything worked. 

one side note, be VERY careful when screwing in/out the SS screws into the Aluminum tower. it is VERY easy to cross thread them and then they essentially fuse and break the screw. 

• Thanks 1