Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinion? LCR 330 in a T22

ftlbs

I have a buddy that is looking to buy a 2014 Axis T22 with the LCR 330 engine. He plans to primarily use this boat for surfing with friends and family. We live in Utah at an elevation of 4,500 ft. What is everyone's opinion of the LCR in a boat that size? Will the LCR 330 perform okay? Or should he hold out for a larger engine?

Mine was fine at sea level but I needed the torque prop for the weight I was running.

At your elevation, I would hold out for the 409/10, whatever they called it in '14.

Did the 14s have the gear reduction transmission?  I don't think so....

I have a 16 with the "450" and gear reduction transmission and regularly boat at similar altitudes (3800-6000).

I think the LCR (or the monsoon) would disappoint in the T22, especially with the taller transmission.  Even the 450 isn't a monster.