Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleat Spacing?

Eagleboy99

I'm working on my new HDPE dock and would appreciate any measurements  of the distnace between  the deck cleats.  They will be used for the mooring whips, so any measurements appreciated.

11 hours ago, justgary said:

I think I'd be inclined to put them where I need them.  Am I missing something? 

I'm looking for boat cleat measurements.  My new dock (aluminum frame) will need backing plates so I'm trying to optimize their placement as each one costs extra.  Plus the cleats are $25/per.  I was thinking every 4 feet, but real work measurments would help.

Sorta depends on your boat, but you want your front dock cleat to be ahead of the front cleat on your boat, and the back behind the back. No real reason to have them every 4 feet.

I'd do a total of 4 cleats per slip - 1 far into each corner, or 2 cleats per side mount "parking spot" spaced out the same as those in the slip.