Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 23lsv engine stops while underway

Hey everyone, I tried to get some help with this a year or so ago with no luck but wanted to try again and hope for some answers. So my boat will stop while underway, sometimes the engine shuts off, most of the time the boat just goes to neutral and engine is at idle. No warnings, no codes, no anything to help diagnose. It seems to be more prevalent when turning or when the engine is at a higher rpm (around 4K) but has done it in calm water just going straight aswell. Has done it surfing and wakeboarding. I added some weight to the bow about a year ago and the prop I had (1235) made it worse I couldn’t use the power wedge at all. I now have a 3093 prop and when I put that on last year it seemed to have gone away for the most part, my guess is due to the lower rpm. I’m not loosing oil pressure, I have the nautical logic cruise so it’s not a paddlewheel issue. I am leaning towards something in the drive by wire system or a voltage issue somewhere but how to diagnose or what to replace just seems like a guessing game. Batteries are new, any ideas or thoughts would be awesome. My boat doing this is super dangerous for the rider and for other boats on the lake. Thanks guys! 

It does sound like maybe something is up with the throttle or connections.  Just for kicks, pull the Cannon plug and inspect the contacts.  Gently spread the male pins and reinstall the plug, then test drive.

I will give these a try. Any other ideas of what could possibly be causing it? Not sure if the throttle position sensor could be going out or something inside of that causing it, but I’m not sure what typically happens when those act up