Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug N Play bags Disconnecting while surfing

JBell

Does anybody have issues with their plug N play bags disconnecting? Every time we surf I have to reconnect multiple times. I have the quick connects with the red ring that slide forward to lock in place. I make sure it is locked in the but they still pop off. Any Ideas?

ahopkins22LSV

Never had that issue. Is the hose at a weird angle putting pressure on the connection? Is the connectors cracked or anything? Worst case is you can just replace the connectors and see if that solves your issue. I wouldn’t let it go too long before just replacing though. 

7 hours ago, JBell said:

Does anybody have issues with their plug N play bags disconnecting? Every time we surf I have to reconnect multiple times. I have the quick connects with the red ring that slide forward to lock in place. I make sure it is locked in the but they still pop off. Any Ideas?

i think you mean the drain and or vent hoses at bottom,  they are two short especially the rear drain,  so it not only pops off but also kinks the short hose that has a straight quick connect that also increases drain time, usually this also results from rectangle shaped large sacs actually too big for locker shape, so we all are keeping our large rear sacs right?(850 50x20x20 in my a20)  eventually this full sac tension also ruins the bag seal around ports snd causes leaking at seal snd necessitating bag replacement.  i did my initial pnp installation like this and had your issues

after talking to wakemakers when bags needed replacing  ( got bags to stay hooked up so seals got compromised), they told me the solution was to run long lengths toward bow for both vent snd drain on floor of locker snd in space under rear corner seat and then loop back to back of the locker for drain and use a 90 quick connect that now with loop snd 90 no longer binds port but it now sits on top of shelf in rear  locker which does make 100% drain of sac hard to do without lifting front of bag, drains 98%

the bottom vent  line  after looping back from run towards bow still uses a  straight quick connect (i had used a 90 initially for the line the curve from box ) but to get it to run in middle of locker to eliminate bind i put a small length of two by four next to vent outlet box to guide line to middle of locker more lined up to bag port 

since re-plumbing my rear locker system no binds , no ruined seals on bags, no quick connects popping off   but my looped lines are long so bought that footage from wakemakers when buying the replacement sacs  

guessing custom fit sacs could make all this less or unnecessary

Edited by granddaddy55