Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV power lost while driving

my 2015 LSV was cruising at 20 mph and it just went dark and stopped.  Still had power to charge devices and use cigarette ports but the engine won't fire and the touch screens are blank.  Had to be towed in and dealer cannot see me for a while.  I already checked the 30 and 40 amp breakers and they were fine.  I don't see anything else loose.  Checked the batteries and they are fine.  

I had something similar happen a few weeks ago but my screens still functioned properly.  Turned out to be combination of engine ecu (main prob that caused the failure) same time my starter quit (wouldn’t turn over the engine), and upon inspection my cats were clogged/blown.  Boat ran perfectly until it didn’t.  If your screens aren’t up I would Start there and work back looking for power.  There is a good “no start troubleshooting guide” in the maintenance section that will take you through the most common failures.  

Check the connections on the dash power button.  I have seen dashes that will turn on and off when you wiggle the wires behind the push button.I

Does your emergency key switch on the helm side panel turn on the nav lights, screens, and start the engine when you use it?

On 6/22/2020 at 8:09 PM, csleaver said:

Check the connections on the dash power button.  I have seen dashes that will turn on and off when you wiggle the wires behind the push button.I

Does your emergency key switch on the helm side panel turn on the nav lights, screens, and start the engine when you use it?

I had a similar issue with my 13 LSV and loose connections to the wires on my power button were the culprit.. Though mine would power back up. 

Edited by Texoma LSV
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: So the dealer told me I needed a new power switch and it was replaced and sure enough the problem was solved.  6 engine hours later the MTC 7" screen stops working.  Super odd issue here as the MTC won't respond but the larger touch screen will control the MTC 7" screen.  The larger touch screen won't work for its functions but if you hit just the right places, the larger touch screen controls the 7" MTC.  So for example, I can touch the home button on the large screen and it will take me to Stereo on the MTC.  Just below the home button and it will take me to the controls on the MTC.  They are telling me I need to replace the "brain" but I don't know what that means yet or what that will cost.  The boat has 130 hours so thats frustrating.  Its been broken more than its worked.

So I had to replace the MTC and the dealer wanted 2300.00 just for the part and couldn't get me in for weeks.  Contacted Malibu.com and bought the part for 1900.00 and installed it myself in about 10 minutes.  It was super easy. Hot tip, screw the plate back together before you connect the wiring as the space is pretty tight up under there.  The really frustrating thing is the warranty is 30 days.  That seems super lame for a part that costs 1900.00.  The boat only had 120 hours on it when it went out so hopefully this isn't a recurring problem as I have seen others have had.

Yea thought about that but you cannot get a hold of anyone right now.  I guess they were out within the last few weeks and with Covid its been hard to reach anyone.  The malibuparts.com folks are great.  The concern I have now is my larger touch screen flickers quite a bit.  Anyone else have that issue?