Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 22 MXZ vs 23 LSV opinions

SOcalSurfer

Hey Crew,

Upgrading end of the year from a 2018 22 vlx and cant seem to decide on what to go with. I would say we surf 70% of the time, wakeboard 10% and just cruise, float, tie up the rest. I was pretty set on a 22mxz due to the walkthrough but now with the 23 getting a walkthrough its really made me think hard about what model to go with.

from what i can gather in the other threads comparing the 2, wakes seem to be almost identical and the real difference being whether or not you want the additional space in the bow or the cabin. Is there anything else im missing? I know the 2021 22 MXZ hasnt been leaked yet but looking at the 23 mxz thats out there, im not expecting much change. Thanks in advance for any opinions yall have!

You won't be able to tell the difference between the surf waves, and I've towed a few advanced riders who slightly prefer the 22 MXZ's wake over the 23 LSV. Could also be what they were used to, as they were demo riders with a 22 MXZ.

Value wise, you're generally going to pay slightly more for a comparably equipped 22 MXZ, but the same 23 LSV will sell for a bit more down the road, and quicker. Since it's summer, just go demo both and see what you prefer.

• Like 1