Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Monsoon alarm

I suspect it to be the oil sending unit or switch since the gauge stays pegged at over 80 psi. I have never changed them in the 19 years that I have owned the boat. Checked oil and was where it was suppose to be on the dip stick. Does anyone know part numbers that I could pick them up at a parts store local?  

the connectors on the oil pressure connectors are always suspect and can be easily dislodged during an oil filter change.

note that their may be two oil pressure sending units.  one an analog output for the dash gauge and the other a switch to tell the emc if there is oil pressure.

iirc: if you replace the single wire sender it's recommended not to use teflon tape as a good electrical signal is the goal.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, tbonemalibu said:

I suspect it to be the oil sending unit or switch since the gauge stays pegged at over 80 psi.

You'll find that an automotive equivalent of "1999 Chevy Suburban 350" will work just fine as a replacement.  Having said that, the oil pressure sending unit has nothing to do with any alarm.  The ECM pressure switch will trigger the beeper, and should start beeping immediately on key up, but turn off after engine start after sensing oil pressure.

BEEP CODES — the 4 maintenance items that can trigger the beeper are:

•  High engine water temperature (>203*)
  •  Low oil pressure (<6 PSI)
  •  High transmission temperature (>140?*)
  •  A diagnostics trouble code

2r289lk.jpg

I had a similar issue this weekend.  While surfing, 03’ 23LSV would drop in to a limp mode and then 3 beeps over and over.  No reading on display of the “error” or problem. Possible one of these two sensors could cause the power drop if going bad?  Just had serviced it a week prior so I know all fluids are topped off and I just replaced the impeller as well.  

10 hours ago, NorCalDaggz said:

Just had serviced it a week prior so I know all fluids are topped off

Are you listing the boat to surf? 

Just started doing this.  Been surfing same way for years.  Never had the issue until recently.   Even tried adding extra oil over “full” and still does it.   More recently, it is beginning to randomly occur while running at any speeds.