Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Axis T-23 Maintenance Tips: Serpentine Belt and Bilge Pumps

If your 2017 Axis T-23 with a Monsoon 409 engine blows a serpentine belt, the PCM part number is #R066033A.  If you're in a fix, you can go out to an auto parts store and substitute a K060919 belt that's 13/16" by 92 3/8".  The PCM version is 13/16" by 91 1/4, but the tensioner will cover the difference to get you home.

Changing the belt is surprisingly easy.  You just turn the tensioner until it moves inward enough to get the new belt in place.  Here's the belt diagram:

qDtzx6L.jpg

Here's a replacement belt that will work to get you home:

VZ8e93C.jpg

Regarding the 2017 Axis T-23 bilge pumps, there is one in the center underneath the ballast pumps and another next to the stern drain plug.  I popped the 5 amp blade fuses when the bilge pumps came on while the charger was hooked up and the perko switch was on.

The fuses are right next to the battery on the wires that run to each pump, and they are labeled.  I'd recommend keeping a few extra 5 amp blade fuses (orange) on hand...

2ZWaisP.jpg

Before this summer, I'd never really fixed anything mechanical on a boat, but now I've replaced a belt, 2 ballast pumps, a bilge pump, and some fuses.  I owe it all to people who took the time to post instructions and part numbers online, so I thought I should return the favor...