Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 23 lsv in saltwater vs supreme s238

jcancio

I live in Miami considering a malibu vs a supreme to do 90% of our boating in our rare motor powered back yard Miami Lake. Can anyone help with these hang ups im confused as hell.

Handling supreme has the deep v and the vaccume technology which is solid.  Will the Malibu be able to hang in the ocean.

Malibi is prettier for sure  at demo seemed to me to have a better surf wave but reviews on all sites say supreme surf wave sacked out is way better but wake on malibu is better.

Am I giving up a sturdier boat for a better price if i get the malibu. I really like the perks and looks of the Malibu.

A close friend has an S238, sacked out, and he prefers my 23 LSV for surfing. We’ve actually yet to surf his boat together because of that, so I don’t have a personal comparison to offer.

The deeper V will help in rougher water. Centurion might be a better option to compare against the Malibu, since those are the more similar price point boats.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the input. I had to bump up on to the malibu because honestly the axis felt so cheap. I felt like they went out of there way to make the axis feel cheaper then the malibu. Didn't have that feeling of value line on the supreme. It was missing features yes but none the less it felt solid like a well made boat. No centurion dealers in my state to compare it to. No doubt the malibu has a way better surf wave after my demo's.  Maybe the dealer did not know how to dial in the wave on the supreme. Anyways decided on the 23 lsv. Beautiful boat and easier for my wife and kids to surf without me or to drive me without having to play with the ballast to figure out the wave.