Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 Sunsetter Blower Question

I just rejoined the Malibu family after a 10 years with no boat.  I picked up a Wakesetter LXI but I put sunsetter LXI in the title because they are the same boat and more people are familiar with the SS.  Anyway, I noticed that when the blower is on, I don't have any air flow on port side vent.  I removed the panelling in the storage locker and found a single blower for the starboard side but don't see one for the port.  Is this the normal setup?  Is the port side blower somewhere else?  Or is the port side just for 'flow through' air while underway.  Also, a side question, anyone know where to buy a replacement black handle hold for the removable floor section above the mufflers, shaft, rudder area?  Thanks all!

Hi @BuJay welcome to the ‘crew!

got any pics of the new boat? We love pics!!

i think my SSLXi only had one blower motor. I never checked the flow.

Id check bakesonline for the handle. That one might be tough to find.

1 hour ago, BuJay said:

I just rejoined the Malibu family after a 10 years with no boat.  I picked up a Wakesetter LXI but I put sunsetter LXI in the title because they are the same boat and more people are familiar with the SS.  Anyway, I noticed that when the blower is on, I don't have any air flow on port side vent.  I removed the panelling in the storage locker and found a single blower for the starboard side but don't see one for the port.  Is this the normal setup?  Is the port side blower somewhere else?  Or is the port side just for 'flow through' air while underway.  Also, a side question, anyone know where to buy a replacement black handle hold for the removable floor section above the mufflers, shaft, rudder area?  Thanks all!

If it helps, my 99 SSLXI blower, exhausts thru the driver side rear vent, the blower hose picks up at bottom in front of the gas tank.  The port side vent is more of an exit for air pushed thru while underway.   In under the front of the windshield, hoses on both sides sending it under the floor, some vents in the stringers near the front engine mounts, and out the back.

Cool.  Thanks everyone for confirming.  I don't have any great pics yet but I'll get my profile updated soon at least...