Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FWD Bilge wiring help

I just did something stupid:

Im changing out my forward bilge pump. I pulled the pump and removed the wires from the connector plug without making note of the wire placement in the plug! Duh.

Also, anyone know a quick place I could get new pins? The pump came with stripped wire ends.

2015 23 LSV. Can someone take a pic of the wires on their plug for me. 3 Pin connector with 3 wires. Black, White and Brown. I know I can do a voltage test and figure out what is what but I don't have access to the boat right now. 

I could also just check the aft bilge plug as well. 

Just thought id see if someone could snap a quick pic.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, MWJ68 said:

I just did something stupid:

Im changing out my forward bilge pump. I pulled the pump and removed the wires from the connector plug without making note of the wire placement in the plug! Duh.

Also, anyone know a quick place I could get new pins? The pump came with stripped wire ends.

2015 23 LSV. Can someone take a pic of the wires on their plug for me. 3 Pin connector with 3 wires. Black, White and Brown. I know I can do a voltage test and figure out what is what but I don't have access to the boat right now. 

I could also just check the aft bilge plug as well. 

Just thought id see if someone could snap a quick pic.

Thanks

20200619_154006

Mine is an 07 vlx, but cant imagine it's different. Hope this helps. 

Edited by BlacknBu

Follow up question: As I reinstated the new pump I did a power check. The pump has three wires to the boat. Ground, switch (override) power and third wire. I assumed the third wire was constant power for the auto function of the bilge pump. To my surprise this third wire did not show any power to the pump. I expected the wire to deliver full time 12 volts to the pump so it would auto-drain the bilge if the water level got 2 inched above the pump. It did not show any power when I tested it with a test light across the ground and this third wire. 

The pump does work fine with the switch power. I did not want to flood the bilge to test the auto function, but I suspect it would not work as there is no power on this third wire. Am I missing something? I did not check all my fuses but all my equipment works on the boat so I don't think I have a blown fuse. 

Is there some other way power is supplied through this third wire that I missing? I tested it with the battery selector ON and the boat power switch selected on. There was no power to the third wire when testing light was connected between this third wire and the ground?

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, wdr said:

Fish around near the batteries there should be a blade fuse holder for the auto bilge function.

Ah ha! Great tip. I'll check that out. BTW, are there two fuzes? One for the FWD and another for the Stern? I would suspect they wouldn't want both on one fuze. My Stern auto function is working properly so it has power.

This makes perfect sense now. My FWD pump failed and it blew the fuze to the switch. I suspect the auto function blew the fuze at the battery.

Thanks!!