Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

10-15 hour Service/Scheduled Maintenance on new M5DI

LakeFenton23LSV

Hey guys, just got my brand new 23 LSV and crossed the 10hr mark (M5DI).  Overall very happy with it!  As per the owners manual, after 10 hours the Malibu dealer need to do the first scheduled maintenance (they change oil, trans fluid, cooling fluid, clean the sea strainer, do an alignment check, prop inspection, as well as an overall inspection by a "trained technician".  Anyone recently bring their boat in for this?  How many service hours did they charge you?  What was your final bill?  I thought mine was a touch high, just wanted to get 2nd opinions...  

Thanks in advance!!!

This was covered a little bit ago...Sounds like some dealers were charging as high as $800 with a majority being around the $500 mark.  Other dealers (mine included) did not charge for it.

ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, LakeFenton23LSV said:

Hey guys, just got my brand new 23 LSV and crossed the 10hr mark (M5DI).  Overall very happy with it!  As per the owners manual, after 10 hours the Malibu dealer need to do the first scheduled maintenance (they change oil, trans fluid, cooling fluid, clean the sea strainer, do an alignment check, prop inspection, as well as an overall inspection by a "trained technician".  Anyone recently bring their boat in for this?  How many service hours did they charge you?  What was your final bill?  I thought mine was a touch high, just wanted to get 2nd opinions...  

Thanks in advance!!!

We had our vtx serviced for this about a month ago. It was 2.5 total hours of labor. I asked if I could supply the oil and filter and they were ok with that so that dropped the price down to 390ish our the door. I’d suggest asking about that and stop at Walmart on your way to get oil. 

Thanks guys!  Please keep the responses coming!  I'll try to look for the other discussion on the forum too.  The bill from my dealer was $775, which seems pretty steep to me.  Was curious what I was paying compared to others.  Also, perhaps I'm missing something, feel free to chime in if there is more to this 10hr service than meets the eye.  You guys rock, thanks!!!

ahopkins22LSV
24 minutes ago, LakeFenton23LSV said:

Thanks guys!  Please keep the responses coming!  I'll try to look for the other discussion on the forum too.  The bill from my dealer was $775, which seems pretty steep to me.  Was curious what I was paying compared to others.  Also, perhaps I'm missing something, feel free to chime in if there is more to this 10hr service than meets the eye.  You guys rock, thanks!!!

Did you ask for scope of work a head of time? Also they should have provided an itemized list of work for the bill. 

The first service includes, oil and filter change plus they review the oil to make sure there is not metal shavings. V drive and trans fluid change, same review. Engine alignment check and a water test. I believe that’s all. 2.5 hours of labor sounds about right for all of that. Did you ask them to do anything additional?