Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh air exhaust

zags

My wife wants me to get fresh air exhaust. i have a 2017 T23 with manual wedge.  I see it's listed at $500.  Other than cost is there any reason why i shouldn't do this? Thanks

FAE gives us a discount. It’s the best upgrade I’ve done. Not sure if I’ll get it back on resale but surfing without one is gross. Plus it cleans up the smell inside the boat too. Lastly, this is debatable, but it decreased the noise inside and behind the boat as well. 

Easy install as well. 

OK - Cool - can i have the discount code?  i think i will pull the trigger.  I would love decreased noise from the motor.  if i want to hear engines i take out my 1974 ski nautique with the 351W that sounds like an absolute 1970's dump truck!

20 hours ago, Raleigh said:

FAE gives us a discount. It’s the best upgrade I’ve done. Not sure if I’ll get it back on resale but surfing without one is gross. Plus it cleans up the smell inside the boat too. Lastly, this is debatable, but it decreased the noise inside and behind the boat as well. 

Easy install as well. 

Crew Discounts are for Supporting members only. Please don’t pass out discount codes as they are a perk for Supporting the site. Non Supporting members can not see the Discounts forum. 
Thanks,

Ronnie

Admin

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Crew Discounts are for Supporting members only. Please don’t pass out discount codes as they are a perk for Supporting the site. Non Supporting members can not see the Discounts forum. 
Thanks,

Ronnie

Admin

:Doh: sorry I didn’t realize that

@zags if you join as a supporter (to help pay for site hosting) you’ll get it back and then some with the discount! 

I also wouldn't own a boat without one. And, ours broke and their support was awesome. Sent us a new one without fighting us, very helpful, awesome job on their end. 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Plilernator said:

Does the surf pipe decrease power? Asking because I run my 2018 A24 heavily weighted while wakeboarding and do not want to sacrifice performance. 

I will say 0 power loss if you put it a little angle. You can just play with it a little to keep it quiet and still not feel any drag. The biggest thing is you will think you have a power loss due to hiring the engine under a load better its hard to explain but its just your mind playing tricks on you. I'm not saying you get 0 drag but its so little you want have any less problems getting up on plan then you do now. 

Already add one to my new boat its a must to me.

Old review I did

I have had FAE on all the inboards I've owned.  Best upgrade.

Also recommend removing the muffler.  There is a kit available from FAE, or you can make your own.  Removing the muffler will increase performance (debatable), decrease engine noise, and make the engine compartment and bilge much more accessible for maintenance.

7 minutes ago, kylesullens said:

I have had FAE on all the inboards I've owned.  Best upgrade.

Also recommend removing the muffler.  There is a kit available from FAE, or you can make your own.  Removing the muffler will increase performance (debatable), decrease engine noise, and make the engine compartment and bilge much more accessible for maintenance.

100% agree after adding the FAE you will actually hear the Muffler more taking it out takes the sound down under the engine compartment. Also due to less back pressure and added power.

Could use some recommendations...   the FAE mufflers to replace the cracked silent rider on our 94 Malibu Echelon came in the mail yesterday.  Any suggestions to make it easier to get the hoses off the old muffler?   

I have a FAE with muffler delete made for a 2017 23 lsv. If you check with FAE and it will fit, I'll send it to you as long as you pay the shipping. Just PM me if you think it will work. 

• Like 2

Question for those of you that have dealt with FAE recently. What is the best way to get in touch with them to ask questions? I've submitted messages via their website, emailed them directly and even left a voicemail on the phone number listed on their website without any response. I'm interested in ordering one for my 2011 LSV but I also have a couple questions about their muffler delete kits since the ordering info for that doesn't seem to be on their website. Just curious....thanks!

3 hours ago, statefan said:

Question for those of you that have dealt with FAE recently. What is the best way to get in touch with them to ask questions? I've submitted messages via their website, emailed them directly and even left a voicemail on the phone number listed on their website without any response. I'm interested in ordering one for my 2011 LSV but I also have a couple questions about their muffler delete kits since the ordering info for that doesn't seem to be on their website. Just curious....thanks!

Go up top to resources then discounts look them up they have a # listed. (Being a supporter of the forum gets you a discount)

Edited by Bradley Thornton
17 hours ago, statefan said:

They were on vacation last week.   Good chance they are just catching up from being away.