Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How Low Can it Go?

I have a 2020 Axis A22, which throws an alarm for low fuel with a little less than 1/4 tank left.  

Has anyone run out of gas or taken it all the way to the end?

I am wondering on average how low it can go before I run out.  I realize there are variables, so I am just looking for an average answer.

it's so annoying as the boat pitch start sounding the alarm with a qtr tank which is like 15GALS.  so even if you are burning 10 gal an hour riding you still have 90 minutes left.  i have my alarm stuffed and taped so you can barely hear it.

5 minutes ago, zags said:

it's so annoying as the boat pitch start sounding the alarm with a qtr tank which is like 15GALS.  so even if you are burning 10 gal an hour riding you still have 90 minutes left.  i have my alarm stuffed and taped so you can barely hear it.

@zags Where is the alarm?  Is this the same place that alerts me constantly about my cruise control, water depth, etc....?  Is there a way to just turn them off?

yes - same - its under the steering wheel or nearby.  its a small cylinder about same diameter as a half dollar and about an inch thick,  I think i wrapped it with waterproof tape and this knocks the volume down to a far less annoying level.  yeah you could just disconnect the wires but the alarm does serve some purposes in more important circumstances.