Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XM Sirius Radio Adaptor for Rockford Fosgate

pawter1970

Hi Crew,

Boat is Sat ready but need the Sat radio adaptor, boat is 2013 22MXZ, can someone send me the link of what adaptor I need and wondering if it's hard to install the antenna.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Uhh... like which model??  Say RF is like saying I have a Malibu.  ;)  The devil is in the details.

Ha, oh sorry, don't have the boat yet, just in transition for purchase, I'll ask the owner, boat is a 2013 22MXZ, not sure if that helps.

Should be the SCC1 and they can be a huge pain to find new, might need to pick up a used one.  The antennae mounting is a personal choice, some mount them under the dash mine sits up by the windshield - I popped one of the cup holders out and cut a tiny notch under the lip to run the wire.

Few pictures here

Edited by oldjeep
9 minutes ago, pawter1970 said:

Ha, oh sorry, don't have the boat yet, just in transition for purchase, I'll ask the owner, boat is a 2013 22MXZ, not sure if that helps.

Be aware that depending on the radio model you might have to hunt for the SiriusXM unit (plus adapter).  Many of them have been discontinued.

23 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Be aware that depending on the radio model you might have to hunt for the SiriusXM unit (plus adapter).  Many of them have been discontinued.

That is what the SCC1 is - a Sirius/XM tuner that plugs into the stock brainbox.

42 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

SCC1 and they can be a huge pain to find new

I'd pounce on this one:  https://www.amazon.ca/Sirius-SCC1-SiriusConnect-Satellite-Radio/dp/B000Q9UFKU/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&m=AT9B06W3HD3BJ&qid=1592319394&refinements=p_4%3ASirius+Satellite+Radio&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1  NIB.  Only three left.  You will need the adapter though  - not sure exactly what that is?

15 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

That is what the SCC1 is - a Sirius/XM tuner that plugs into the stock brainbox.

Hi oldjeep,

Found SCC1 on amazon, just trying to confirm it will be compatible with the HU, thank you for the links I see a lot of options for the Antenna, but wondering how to get the white antenna, like the ones that come when it's ordered from Malibu

17 minutes ago, pawter1970 said:

Hi oldjeep,

Found SCC1 on amazon, just trying to confirm it will be compatible with the HU, thank you for the links I see a lot of options for the Antenna, but wondering how to get the white antenna, like the ones that come when it's ordered from Malibu

Hopefully the antenna connector is a simple SMA and then you can use whatever antenna you want.  I suspect you could probably mount any antenna on the underside  since the fiberglass is not going to block that much of the signal BICBW.

1 hour ago, pawter1970 said:

HU is RFX 5000

31 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Same one I have, so you bought the right thing and have everything you need to just plug it in and go.

Awesome, thank you oldjeep, I am also getting the marine white antenna to install on the hull for best reception, 

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Same one I have, so you bought the right thing and have everything you need to just plug it in and go.

Hi Jeep, where did you get the connector wire from? Just in case mine doesn't come with the right one

7 minutes ago, pawter1970 said:

Hi Jeep, where did you get the connector wire from? Just in case mine doesn't come with the right one

The one I bought was used and did not have the DIN cable included.  At the time I found it on amazon or ebay, but that was maybe 4 years ago.

The one you linked to is new and should have the cable in the box (they show it in one of the pictures)

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

The one I bought was used and did not have the DIN cable included.  At the time I found it on amazon or ebay, but that was maybe 4 years ago.

The one you linked to is new and should have the cable in the box (they show it in one of the pictures)

What did you use secure the antenna with?

Here's an option for you where you don't need to get the adapter or pay another radio subscription - if you have the full XM package you can download the app and play on your phone through the AUX or Bluetooth on your boat.  This is what I do and it works perfect - we don't need any adapters and I'm already paying for that access with my subscription anyway.

• 10 months later...

I have RFX3000 and SC-C1 on 2013 24MXZ but there is no Sirius showing up on head unit screen when we cycle through modes.  Any help with troubleshooting?

59 minutes ago, 201324MXZ said:

I have RFX3000 and SC-C1 on 2013 24MXZ but there is no Sirius showing up on head unit screen when we cycle through modes.  Any help with troubleshooting?

Need to change the ZONE to AMERICA (I believe), long press SEL button and you should see the 3 options (AMERICA/EUROPE/CHINA)