Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford Fosgate - Out of Control

PURDUEskier

I have a 2010 Response LXI with the Rockford Fosgate stereo in the center walkway.  I also have stereo controls as part of the MUX switches on the dash.  I have not previously had any problems, but the last 3 times I have been out, the stereo has turned its self on, sometimes switches inputs, and last time turned up to max volume.  What is worse, is sometimes when it does this the MUX switches wont turn it off.  I have to power down the boat and restart it.  The MUX switches will cycle through the stereo options and they register when you hit the power button, but the unit doesn't actually turn off.  I am not sure if this is an issue with the MUX switches or the unit.  I have a center seat that can sometime rub on the head unit (it is horribly placed) but the last time I had that seat folded down and wasn't touching and I still had issues.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is it the head unit or the MUX switches?  Any fixes?  I actually don't use the stereo much at all, this is primarily a ski boat, but I do use it some.  Should I replace the head unit with a different one?  As a quick and cheap fix, I thought about just adding a cutoff switch to the stereo power lead so I can at least cycle the power or just turn it off when I am not using it.

Thanks for any input.

So after looking at it a bit more, it looks like what I thought was a head unit is actually a wired rfxmr5bb remote for a hide away receiver.  I unplugged it and the system still works with the MUX switches.  I just don't have some of the control options from the remote but I can adjust many of those through my phone. 

I would still like to know if others have had this problem and what they did.  Should I just replace the remote?  Other options?  I don't have a need for a big stereo so replacing everything isn't a good option for me.