Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP 2016 Malibu 25LSV / Ballast pump location help

Jasondye

This weekend we took our 16 Malibu 25LSV out to do some surfing. I filled all of the ballast tanks, we surfed and when it was time to go home, 3 out of 4 drained. I tried everything I could think of, but never could get the left rear tank to drain. Today at the dock, I pulled the panel under the dash to get to the fuses. I found the left rear drain fuse and it was blown. I pulled the fuse and replaced it, but it blew as well. I’m assuming the pump has ceased up and is causing the fuses to keep blowing. I’ve looked in all the normal places for the rear ballast drain pump, but cannot seem to locate it. Can anyone with the same experience or more knowledge than myself, please help me find and fix this issue? Thank you! 

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Raleigh said:

I saw two pumps behind the V drive and under the engine compartment. Not sure if they are drain or fill? 

Those should be fill pumps. The drain pumps are mounted to the bottom of the hard tanks.

The drain pumps are all the way at the back of the tanks, in the floor.  I'm not entirely sure what it looks like in a 2016, but in our 2011 and 2019 there is a small carpeted box against the transom in the locker, should be 2 screws, one on either side to remove the top.  Pump will be under there.  I had a couple seize up every year in our old boat, sometimes you could take them out and free them up with a little oil, other times, better to just replace.  I kept a couple spares in the parts box for this reason.  nice thing is, when you take out the pump, the tank drains!