Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PW2 won’t go into lift says sensor needs to be calibrated

This week at Lake Powell while surfing the Sensor Calibration warning came on after which the wedge wouldn’t go into lift.  It will go down to one above lift, and has no trouble being stowed.  Talked with my service and they said they couldn’t see me for a month.  I don’t want to wait a month.  Is there anyway I can get the wedge down into the lift position and then calibrate it myself?

Thanks

There is a black adjustable magnetic wedge sensor on the starboard side of the wedge with a couple retaining screws.  It is important that the sensor bolt under the sensor is tight, that it is in the correct position, and that it will not rotate on its own before the sensor adjustment is done.  The sensor is adjusted by loosening the screws and rotating it a little clockwise or counter clockwise.  Once the sensor is adjusted properly, the screws can be tightened.

The "+" and "-" icons on the Debug Assist screen in the settings menu will move the wedge up or down a little bit at a time, so they will need to be touched several times to move the wedge to the full down or full up positions.  After using the Debug Assist screen in the settings menu to put the wedge in the full down (lift) position, the wedge sensor voltage on the screen should be 0.50 to 0.53 volts and the position indicator should be 0 to 1.  When the wedge is in the full up, or stowed position, I think the wedge voltage should be around 3.40 to 3.69 volts and the position indicator will be 200.  

If the sensor voltage is too low it will cause a wedge sensor alarm at the helm when the wedge is down.  If it is too high the wedge actuator may continue to run when it is in the full down position and may not go to the drag position that is selected.