Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Vinyl Upholstery color match help

I have a 2003 Sunsetter LXI with the White, Navy Blue (Midnight Blue?), and two tone grey color scheme.  The trunk cover is in need of repair, but my upholstery guy is having problems matching the blue.  I contacted Malibu tech support and unfortunately they no longer have the vinyl specs from that era.  They pointed me to Spradling as a possibility.  After looking through their on-line catalogs I requested a number of samples and it appears their Navigator Celestial (NAV-9902) is a fairly close match, but still seems a tad off.   So,  I'm checking here to see if anyone has done this and can provide a manufacturer, product, and color match recommendation.  

Thanks in advance.

Malibu used G&T vinyl in that era, but even if they  gave you the codes, your vinyl is likely a different colour due to sun, time, wear etc.  Any decent marine upholstery shop shuld be able to get perfect, or near to it, matches.  I matched my white (1999) and dark iris pretty much perfectly.  Need violet and that is so close it hurts.

Thanks.  I checked out G&T Industries and didn't see anything that matches, but will keep looking.

Still curious if anyone has had luck matching the dark blue with Spradling?  Their Navigator Celestial (NAV-9902) has the same texture pattern and glossy sheen, however, the color is just slightly off.   I just placed an order for a few additional samples to check out.  I should add that Malibu CS thought Spradling might have supplied their vinyl for the 2003 boats, but the guy couldn't confirm that was the case. 

From one of my earlier posts on vinyl:

Opal - Islander Marine Vinyl Brilliant White (pretty much a perfect match)

Dark Violet - Catalina Marine Vinyl Twilight Purple (ever so slightly brighter purple)

Black Iris - Allsport Marine Vinyl Electric Blue (pretty much perfect match)

Edited by Eagleboy99
Correction
  • 2 years later...

I would contact Sipriano R Aguilar Upholstery in Atwater CA. Sip ran the upholstery shop at Malibu when they built boats in Merced. (209) 631-9801.