Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RV Towing

timmypop

With COVID our Powell houseboat trip just got cancelled. I'm dying to get up there for the week so I just rented a 38' Diesel pusher, 10k# towing capacity. I have never pulled a boat with an RV but from what I can tell it is not a big deal. 

Anyone have any experience on it. 38' RV with a 25' LSV. Should be fun!

Pulled my 23 LSV with a 32’ RV to Powell over Memorial weekend. Not a diesel pusher but it did just fine. 

One bonus is the boat stayed clean because the RV took the brunt of the bugs.

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

What got canceled?? I just got back from a 5day houseboat trip there??

Must be renting from Antelope Point. Aramark is renting as normal. 

I tow my boat all the time with my RV.  I get some diesel particulates in the boat which is kind annoying.  Biggest issue is that RV grows immensely when you get to the launch ramp, they can be pretty tricky if they are tight. 

Watch the launch ramp, the tail length off the RV will have the tongue of the boat trailer up in the sky before the back axle of the RV starts to go downhill. The back end of the trailer might get in a bind against the ramp at this point. 

Edited by MLBurns
spelling

Tow with a cover on. We pulled a boat from Fla to New England and the diesel particulates were nasty up the side of the boat and some on the interior. 

And routinely check the trailer bearings and tires for heat (IR temp gun works good for that) because you really can't see them back there should something go wrong. And while I'm a big believer in you can feel your trailer, I know the RV we had was equipped with a 9L Cummins, I'm not sure it really new it was back there....

• Haha 1