Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trash Can Usage

gahvey

Who Uses the Trash Can on their boat  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Wondering how people use their trash cans

• Yes - I put all of my trash in there
    • Yes - but only on certain occasions
    • No - we put our trash in the cooler since it is coming out anyway
    • Yes - but it is a timeout space for the crabby people

Just curious how many people use the trash cans on their boats.  Personally we bring a soft cooler on the boat and when we have trash we just put it in there since it is coming off the boat anyway (one less thing to empty on the boat).  We kind of feel like it is a waste of space.  Our old boat ('15 VLX) had a bin that was under a back cushion and we used that for sandal storage, but never for trash. 

Curious what others thoughts are on it.

ahopkins22LSV

We use it for kid snack wrappers and stuff. Or wipes/napkins if we need to. To be honest though we don’t generate a ton of trash. If we have empties those go back in the cooler though. Easier to take care of those. 

How is the trash can designed on the 23? In the new VTX it’s in a space that I’d generally call a void and wouldn’t be useable for much else. I feel like it’s a good design despite the fact that some people are loosing sleep over the shape not fitting standard kitchen bags. 

Not sure about the 23 but assuming it is similar to our 22.  For us it is in the area behind the drivers seat where you put the cooler at, and it takes up room behind the cooler.  I don't know exact size but ours is kind of rectangular in shape...  It certainly isn't big enough for a kitchen style trash bag.  We could probably put some spare vests or something back there to use up the space better.