Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Sunscape 21 LSV?

indianalakelife

I am looking at buying a 2005 Sunscape 21 LSV that does not come with a trailer. Two things I'm looking for help on:

1. For a one-time transport, of around 150 miles, will the Sunscape 21 fit on a Ski Nautique trailer?
  2. Any suggestions on fitting a trailer to this boat?

Also open to any suggestions on things to look for when test driving the boat!

Thanks!

ahopkins22LSV

I’d start with calling your local dealer to see if they have a trailer you can rent. Will it fit on the Nautique trailer? Maybe... depends on your definition of fit. Some older Nautique trailers have a weird bunk layout. But would suck to show up and not have it fit. 

For what to review on the boat, start with thus guide for general items. If you have specific questions about the post post back here and I’m sure we can help!

• Thanks 1

I have an 06 23LSV Sunscape and we love it.  Power Wedge, and we've added 4 plumbed ballast bags, pumps, amd dash switches from Wakemakers.  

I prefer the smooth lines and no decals.  the wakesetter decals look goofy from this period so I was glad to find the Sunscape.   and it was easily $10k less than comparable wakesetters.

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I’d start with calling your local dealer to see if they have a trailer you can rent. Will it fit on the Nautique trailer? Maybe... depends on your definition of fit. Some older Nautique trailers have a weird bunk layout. But would suck to show up and not have it fit. 

For what to review on the boat, start with thus guide for general items. If you have specific questions about the post post back here and I’m sure we can help!

Good info, thanks! Also good idea to call the Malibu dealer. Was just thinking cheap by using the neighbors trailer.