Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help with malibu v drive

hey guys and girls first time posting on this site and was hoping I can get a little help. Put my 95 malibu sunsetter with a 350 merc and v drive  in the water for the first time in 4 years. As we were driving little girl lost her hat so as we were goin back to get it I slowed the engine and put it in reverse to slow myself down. Stupid as hell I know but its done know. Motor stalled. Put boat back into neutral and it fired right up went into forward perfectly fine. HERES the problem I know have no reverse when I put it in reverse it idles up and goes forward. Hope u guys can help out a bit. Thanks

Edit

The mods were moving your post to the correct forum when I tried to reply earlier.

Check the end of the shift cable at the transmission.  I think your brass end has worn through.  If that's it, check the throttle cable also.  They are pretty cheap.

R024024-2T.jpg

59 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

There are 3. Look under the seat.

under the seat is just steering linkage. I look at the manual on this site for a 350merc with velvet drive and only showed the 1 district. I'll look.again though 

49 minutes ago, justgary said:

The mods were moving your post to the correct forum when I tried to reply earlier.

Check the end of the shift cable at the transmission.  I think your brass end has worn through.  If that's it, check the throttle cable also.  They are pretty cheap.

R024024-2T.jpg

Thanksn

49 minutes ago, justgary said:

R024024-2T.jpg

thanks Gary ill take a look. 

10 hours ago, Jameswaldie said:

under the seat is just steering linkage. I look at the manual on this site for a 350merc with velvet drive and only showed the 1 district. I'll look.again though 

Under the back seat.  At the forward end of the engine. Make sure you add the right fluids.