Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 22 LSV won’t start. Code PWM5

Motor turns over but won’t fire. Code PWM5. SPN 924 FMI 5 open/ground short is displayed while it is turning over. Please advise. Thank you

ahopkins22LSV

I’d start with checking every ground you can. There should be a ground distribution block under the dash, a main engine ground, connections on the starter and alternator. I’d also check the battery connections. The connection on the battery might be ok, but the crimp yo the cable could be bad. 

If the battery voltage drops too low during cranking, the ECM may shut off and prevent the ignition and fuel injection from working.  Make sure the voltage does not drop below 10.5 VDC when cranking.  Sometimes battery condition or connections can affect this.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2019 23 LSV with PCM 6.0L and has been shutting down on me intermittently and then not restarting and problem has become fairly permanent now.

Dealer telling me he has 3 other boats with same problem and the ignition / fuel pump relays have burned or melted on them

He says PCM recommending changing the whole engine harness which is backordered

Must be a common issue.

Let me know if you resolved

thanks

Btw, I am also getting PWM5 short to ground. 

and according to manual this is the cam phaser circuit which goes from the cam phaser to the ECM. If the code is correct there is indeed a short in the harness. 

9 hours ago, 2019proplemchild said:

and according to manual this is the cam phaser circuit which goes from the cam phaser to the ECM. If the code is correct there is indeed a short in the harness. 

How do the connector contacts look on both ends of that circuit?

The ecm plug side seems to look fine. Where can I find the cam phaser and it’s plug? I assumed this would be above the crankshaft pulley in the V of the motor where the cam lives but can’t find anything near there. 

thank you!

On 8/15/2020 at 11:34 PM, 2019proplemchild said:

I have a 2019 23 LSV with PCM 6.0L and has been shutting down on me intermittently and then not restarting and problem has become fairly permanent now.

Dealer telling me he has 3 other boats with same problem and the ignition / fuel pump relays have burned or melted on them

He says PCM recommending changing the whole engine harness which is backordered

Must be a common issue.

Let me know if you resolved

thanks

Holy cow. We are starting to have the same issues!!! It started in June, and now it's back starting with same issues over.  We've been through 4 fuel pumps since june, towed in 3 times in one weekend. They had to replace all the relay switches.  Started studdering on Saturday saying high fuel rail pressure.  their solution is to change out fuel pump again.

• 3 years later...
On 8/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, 2019proplemchild said:

Did you ever fix the issue? What was it?