Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SURF SETTINGS - 2019 23 LSV

cmargosi

I'm a novice surfer progressing to intermediate.  I'm also a first time Malibu owner.  I don't get a ton of time to surf with family weighing on my time and I don't want to deal with lead or fat sacs (outside of the plug and play bags I have in my boat).

Wondering if you experienced surfers can share with me the settings on the stock boat that you like to run to make the best wave?

Also wondering about best settings for an easier wave for the kids to ride?  

All input appreciated.  Like title says, I have a 23 LSV.

I have the same boat and the same demands with little kids.  We also aren't into bags, lead and moving people.  That's why we bought a Malibu.  

I found the below helpful for me except I fill the front up 100% and we don't have the wedge as aggressive.  Most the time one, and maybe two clicks from Lift.  You and I would be similar levels in experience in surfing.  

Check out this thread.  I posted up my 19 23LSV settings.  The photo that should pop up below is my wife on our 19 23LSV wave, stock (w PnP) and 2 people in the boat.

Edited by gregtay
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Check out this thread.  I posted up my 19 23LSV settings.  The photo that should pop up below is my wife on our 19 23LSV wave, stock (w PnP) and 2 people in the boat.

Love that water color.

Kind of reminds me of the dead sea in Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPmJbrzmeQ

Edited by 23LSVOwner

Thanks for the pointers guys.  I don't think I'm too far off from being optimum looking at your waves vs. mine.  This is a pic of me behind the boat.  I'm at 10.8 mph.  All ballast full to 100% including Plug N' Play and one click from ramp.  I'm gonna play with the speed a little and maybe try to lighten non surf side ballast.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtFcS_lGOThltDFxtfumlgPasyfq?e=kZb5LG

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtFcS_lGOThltDB_sR8QahHoYPuH?e=aKmD3G

• Like 1

That wave looks really clean so I’d agree on playing with the speed. The speed will adjust your wave length, and I like 11.2-11.5 on this generation LSV. 

Lightening the non-surf side will give you more curl and push on the port side too.