Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inaccurate Hour Reading

I’m buying a 2013 247 LSV this weekend, and am wondering how big of a deal an inaccurate hour reading is. Seller says there are 330 hours on it, but the display shows 122 which he explained as a result of his battery dying and the meter resetting at one point. He had the hours certified, and even the mechanic’s instrument shows 122 hours. So the display will always be 208 hours low. Should I be concerned? 

No idea.  Interesting that the seller knows exactly how many hours were on it when it supposedly reset.  I'd see if you can get any service records from local dealer.  As long as it is only.missing 208 hours and not 1208 hours it shouldn't matter.  Just an odd explaination 

• Like 2

I guess I'd be more concerned if the discrepancy was 208 hours in the opposite direction. The fact that he's disclosing the actual hours even though it reads less than that is reassuring. 

Also, I was incorrect on the cause. The battery wasn't unplugged over the winter and it reset the computer. Don't know if that explanation makes a difference or not. 

14 hours ago, Jlarsen79 said:

Also, I was incorrect on the cause. The battery wasn't unplugged over the winter and it reset the computer. Don't know if that explanation makes a difference or not. 

Nope, like said earlier. Hours are stored in the ECM. Not having power will not reset them.