Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing a new key ignition in 2010 LSV Wakesetter

Recently my 6 button keyless push start pad went out and I was told Malibu discontinued the keyless option for this boat.  They sent me the key ignition.  Dumb question, I'm sure, but can anyone provide any info on wiring it in? The old harness has 6 wires (gray, black, red, purple, yellow, white) and the new harness for the key ignition has 4 wires (Yellow, red, purple, and white with a blue stripe).

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I’m not much help on the solution, but I had the same situation there the "start" button on the key pad went out. I took it apart and tried to fix the button, but it eventually failed again. Were you able to get this key ignition installed? If so, how did you hook up the 4 vs. 6 wires? Where and how did you get the key ignition? I have 2 dealers looking in to finding me the keyed ignition, but no luck so far.

From your description, I am guessing that the gray and black wires provide power to the old keypad.  The others would then go on the new switch as the same colors.  You could test with a meter to see if gray has 12v relative to black.