Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 wakesetter amp setup

Mflip02

I was wondering if anyone knows what amps came stock for 2014. We have Rockford fosgate amps and they are not marine grade. One of them blew out and was wondering if we should replace it with the same one or swap to a marine grade. It is a P400X4 and the marine grade one is a PM400X4.

Any 4 chnl amp will work. A 6 or 8 would be better, if space permits. As a benchmark, the speakers are currently getting 50W rms each. May be worth looking into a wattage upgrade.

The other two are likely 2 chnl amps. One to the tower speakers and one bridged mono to the woofer. The tower 2 chnl could be either a 300x2 or 500x2 and the woofer is likely a 300x2. 

If it's like my 2013 that 4 channel amp is serving the 8 speakers inside the boat.  Which means each speaker is getting 25 watts rms at best and I think that's at 4ohms. Not sure if the 400w rating is either non-rms or 2 ohms or some combination.  Regardless if I were spending your money:whistle: and it was Rockford I would definitely bump up to the 600 watt options.  P600x4(on sale for $275) or PM600x4.   

I don't think mine are marine either.  If that turns out to be wrong I'll come back and post a correction.  I also don't know how important it is for these amps to be marine grade because of where they are mounted and not being saltwater.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, MNNewb said:

Which means each speaker is getting 25 watts rms at best and I think that's at 4ohms.

my 2013 VLX has the same non-marine Rockford fosgate amps.  it puts out 50wx4 at 4ohms, but if you run it at 2 ohms its makes 100Wx4 so each of those 8 speakers are getting the same 50W per speaker.