Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat runs horrible

On 6/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, justgary said:

Please post a short video of the idle and smoke.

What is your normal idle RPM, and is "rough" a surge, or a cutout, or both?

Finally, remove the cover from the  engine control module and post a photo or figure out for yourself (part numbers and connector configuration) if you have MEFI2, MEFI4, or some other variety of ECM.

I cleaned the screen on fuel pressure regulator a second time and the boat runs like a champ, thanks

1 hour ago, Skyski1986 said:

I cleaned the screen on fuel pressure regulator a second time and the boat runs like a champ, thanks

Wow, you have a new boat!  Great job!

2 hours ago, justgary said:

Wow, you have a new boat!  Great job!

The only thing I can think the clogged it was bad fuel, there is another screen legit four inches Infront of pressure regulator on the bottom of fuel pump, no idea how it got clogged

14 hours ago, Skyski1986 said:

The only thing I can think the clogged it was bad fuel, there is another screen legit four inches Infront of pressure regulator on the bottom of fuel pump, no idea how it got clogged

Yeah that's REALLY unusual. Glad you finally got it licked!

• 1 month later...

So boat hasn't smoked most of the summer, two weeks ago I replaced fuel pressure regulator and now at an idle she smokes, is it coincidence? Not sure if I need to clean throttle body again