Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Boat // 2021 Axis A22 Special Order

mckaytj

46 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

Re: heaters - if there is the option between the 2-outlet and 3-outlet, I'm assuming the 3-outlet has the third opening by the driver's feet.  If so, get the 3-outlet...that driver's feet heater is amazing on chilly mornings.  I tried doing a quick look on the Axis site to see if there are 2 heater options and couldn't find anything, so if 2-outlet is the only option disregard.

2 outlet has the vent at the feet and 1 pull out vent hose. 3 outlet has foot vent and 2 pull out hoses.

38 minutes ago, st22eve said:

2 outlet has the vent at the feet and 1 pull out vent hose. 3 outlet has foot vent and 2 pull out hoses.

Gotcha thanks for chiming in!

9 hours ago, IndyFerg said:

Gotcha thanks for chiming in!

9 hours ago, st22eve said:

Thank you both for the feedback. The dealer had quoted the 2-Outlet heater for this one.  I think there is also an option for 3 outlets with the A22. Not sure how much difference the 2 vs. 3 would put out? Same heating core?

As @st22eve said I guess it is the extra hose you get. I will see what the cost difference is.

We have the 3 on our ‘19. Stationary driver vent is great. Then one hose used by ppl in observers area of lounge or in the bow and one hose pulled to rear seating area for ppl in back. 

Edited by formerathlete

Trying to finalize the order this week. Anyone have any pictures of the Graphite Gel w/ Gunmetal Graphite Metallic by chance? I've done quite a few searches and can't find any combo like that...

On 6/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, mckaytj said:

New here!

My wife and I are looking to buy our first boat. We've had a few small bowriders in the family and currently use a Four Wins H180, but looking to make the plunge. My buddy has the t22 and loves it. We are looking at ordering the A22. It would be a 2021 special order.

Any advice on things I must include in this boat? Or things that maybe can be left off?

Was looking a solid Graphite exterior and Sepia Brown interior. I'm slightly concerned on the tan/brown interior being hot? I've done some research and it seems like it's a new vinyl. Any thoughts, recommendations, etc would be very helpful!

I had a 4 Wins H180 as well before I bought my '18 T22!

That said - get the surfgate, wedge, stereo pack if your not a big components person - I'm quite happy with the mid pack here (SP2) and would never save money doing it myself and probably would be pissed I had too.  The gator step or whatever that flooring is called now is a must have.  Get the plug and play set up - I personally find the 550 rears are perfect in this boat and maintain usage of the rear storage for some stuff even when full (extra jackets).

Controversial things I wish I would have gotten - Trailer step - woulda been nice for those who don't want to do a press up.  Boarding Ladder - I wish I'd have gotten it, I have some friends and family that would appreciate it as the swim deck can sit high out of the water when the boat is loaded.

Edited by MustGoFast
adding
  • 3 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, MustGoFast said:

I had a 4 Wins H180 as well before I bought my '18 T22!

That said - get the surfgate, wedge, stereo pack if your not a big components person - I'm quite happy with the mid pack here (SP2) and would never save money doing it myself and probably would be pissed I had too.  The gator step or whatever that flooring is called now is a must have.  Get the plug and play set up - I personally find the 550 rears are perfect in this boat and maintain usage of the rear storage for some stuff even when full (extra jackets).

Controversial things I wish I would have gotten - Trailer step - woulda been nice for those who don't want to do a press up.  Boarding Ladder - I wish I'd have gotten it, I have some friends and family that would appreciate it as the swim deck can sit high out of the water when the boat is loaded.

Can you get a boarding ladder/swim platform ladder on the Axis?

• 4 weeks later...

The basic stereo is great on our 2020 A24. You can spend a ton of $$ on a loud stereo that you'll never turn up (speaking from experience). Nobody in the boat likes it when it's cranked.  
  DEFINITELY get the gator step on the gunwale (around the edges) - few hundred bucks will save your gel coat when your A-hole friends step on it with their dirty shoes. 
  We really wish we would've gotten the 3rd set of cleats. 
  Surf package - totally worth it. 
 Skip all the fancy trailer crap. It's a trailer, who cares.  

• 5 months later...

I just bought a 21 T23 and mine doesn’t show depth in the computer display. I just assumed that all the T23’s came with depth finder included. Am I wrong?

20 hours ago, Msudogs93 said:

I just bought a 21 T23 and mine doesn’t show depth in the computer display. I just assumed that all the T23’s came with depth finder included. Am I wrong?

It's a $411 Option, but every showroom boat I looked at had it (If yours does it would be listed under Cockpit options on the build sheet).  That said, everyone I looked at also included PNP bags that the dealers had installed (so doesn't surprise me if your dealer left that off the boat if they spec'd i it themselves as well :(