Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intermittent loss of power to fuel pump

Onthethrottle

Hey guys looking for som advise I have searched far and long for the answer but have come up dry. I have a Malibu iRide 2005 with the 5.7 Indmar 325. A couple weeks ago we took the boat out after our winter unwrapping and it ran perfect. The following weekend we took it out for about 20 min turned it off and it wouldn’t restart. Got towed back. Got back to the house (30 mins later) tested the crank and it fired up. I went through replaced in line fuel filter, spark plugs, oil/filter cleaned air filter and throttle body. Ran fuel pressure test (50psi). Ran fine on fake lake. 
Following weekend took the boat out ran fine until I got a check engine light flashed on power dropped for a split second then right back to full power. Another half a lap and it died at speed. I swapped all the relays at the rear of the engine. Checked all three fuses at the engine. Checked the lanyard. But I noticed that on my multimeter I was not getting any power to the fuel pump on ignition/prime. Obviously this is why the boat wouldn’t start. I took the boat in to let the “professionals” diagnose it for me but the fuel pump was getting power again by time they got to it. They ran the diagnosis which had no stored error codes. They were unable to replicate the problem therefore unable to diagnose or fix the boat. I picked up the boat luckily with a $0 bill! 
The mechanic suggested a new fuel pump but that would have nothing to do with it if it wasn’t getting power.

im starting to believe that my ECM is shot even though I have read how rare it is that they go out. 

Is there anything else I’m missing? Can I get my ECM tested and is it worth it? I have read maybe an alternator surge could cause it but I’m not convinced that’s my issue.