Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Sunscape LSV 23 General Info/Modifications/Upgrade Help

bbrett

So I have been searching through the forums for hours looking for mods/upgrades for my boat and been pretty unsuccessful. 

- I'd like to have the MLS system, and I see options on the Breaker Panel for it, but not sure if this is something I can add?  The PO changed to a dual battery setup and put both batteries in the rear left locker, will that be a problem or will it be fine if a sac goes on top? I think I'd prefer to have them moved to the front storage on the observer side. 

- Also, is it normal to have water in the ski locker after a day on the lake? the drain plug is tight, and so is the plug in the ski locker divider to the back of the hull. When I open that divider plug water comes out of that too, just want to make sure that is normal. What's everyones tips on drying out the boat quick before use at a different lake the following weekend. 

- Looking for a seat riser, but have been unsuccessful, seems the ones I've found on here are for 02' and up and suggestions? 

- Any other cool, or recommended Mods I can/should do to my boat? (Stereo is already in progress) 

- Lastly, and recommendations on removing REG stickers, seems they are under the clear coat... is that a normal thing people do? I can get a razor blade under any corner to get them off. Obviously going from NV to CA I need to remove. 

Here's a couple pictures of my boat.. 

IMG-5239.jpg

IMG-5240.jpg

Edited by bbrett
  • Like 1

About the reg stickers, so they are not just stickers stuck on the gel like the other Malibu stickers? Careful with a razor o you don’t scratch or cut the gel. A plastic scraper is better if you can get it to work.

Try a heat gun on the reg numbers. Pull the mat out and use a wet vac to get all the water out of the ski locker. You will need a couple extension to get all the way up in the bow. That is the lowest spot on these boats. 

On my 2002 I kept the plug in the bilge divider and just drained it through the through hull plug at the end of the day.  That keeps the engine drippings out of the locker.  As for water in the bilge, two places that comes from, the first is the shaft packing which is normal at a low rate.  You may need to tighten the nut to reduce the flow to a drip.  The other place water comes from is wet bodies dripping into the boat when they come out of the water.  The bilge will kick on and drain the rear when it is necessary.  At the end of the day pull the rear through hull plug as well.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, williemon said:

About the reg stickers, so they are not just stickers stuck on the gel like the other Malibu stickers? Careful with a razor o you don’t scratch or cut the gel. A plastic scraper is better if you can get it to work.

Yeah they're under the clear coat. Already tried using a razor and head gun. 

there's not usually a clear coat on these boats.  Only way for there to be decals behind a clear coat would be if someone put it on after the fact.  That's the first time I've ever heard of this.  Very weird.

Sharp boat!  Think you're on the right track.  I'd relocate the batteries for sure, then call Wakemakers and get to work ordering pumps, plumbing, and bags.  If you plan on running a lot of pumps and a massive stereo, you might consider an alternator upgrade also.