Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

norris lake

Ifinallygota21v

we are set to go back to norris lake ( racetrack hollow) in july and wanted to see if there is anything new down there?  we usually ride up towards whitman hollow as it is quieter back there.  then we will head to tiki bar and shanghai for food and bars.  are there any new bars or good places to go?  we will have around 20 of us in a couple boats.  any other riding spots that could be better too?

Racetrack Hollow is my hood. Norris isn't a place where "new" stuff pops up, but it seems that both of the marinas in the area - Whitman Hollow and Indian River - have done some real improvements. WH has changed ownership over the winter, but the new owners have only improved the place further.

During the week, the lake is much, much more quiet than on the weekends. If you plan to head all the way to the Tiki Bar, do it during the week. That's the absolute most busy part of the lake. I see your trip is in July. If it's over the 4th, plan to stay in your cove over the weekend. Memorial Day weekend was a damn zoo. You'll be disappointed with the traffic, especially those following you while you have a rider in the water. 

Just do everyone a favor and don't surf in the Holler. Get out to the end of the cove first and you'll keep your neighbors on your team. 

Lemme know if you have any specific questions. Always happy to assist a fellow Malibu Brother!

Edited by BigCreek
10 minutes ago, BigCreek said:

Racetrack Hollow is my hood. Norris isn't a place where "new" stuff pops up, but it seems that both of the marinas in the area - Whitman Hollow and Indian River - have done some real improvements. WH has changed ownership over the winter, but the new owners have only improved the place further.

During the week, the lake is much, much more quiet than on the weekends. If you plan to head all the way to the Tiki Bar, do it during the week. That's the absolute most busy part of the lake. I see your trip is in July. If it's over the 4th, plan to stay in your cove over the weekend. Memorial Day weekend was a damn zoo. You'll be disappointed with the traffic, especially those following you while you have a rider in the water. 

Just do everyone a favor and don't surf in the Holler. Get out to the end of the cove first and you'll keep your neighbors on your team. 

Lemme know if you have any specific questions. Always happy to assist a fellow Malibu Brother!

Thanks for the info. We come down 7/17 so we will miss the holiday s*** show.  Where is the holler so we dont piss anyone off?  If you are down there when we are flag us down.  Ill have my new Pink and White 22 LSV and buddy will have all green SAN 210

"Race Track Hollow" = "Race Track Holler" if you ask a local - which I am not. 

It's not that big of a deal. Lots of people whine about people surfing too close to their docks - especially when it's one of the people from the north. Just get out to the bigger water at the end of the cove (by the Daymarker 6 sign), and go nuts. 

I'm on the south side of the holler in an orange 23LSV, but you'll probably notice my water dogs first. Two Chocolate Labs that love the lake more than anyone I've ever met - man or beast. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Pro-tip - buy your adult beverages in KY on the way down. You'll get a minimum 30% more for your money than if you wait til you get off of I-75. 

18 minutes ago, BigCreek said:

"Race Track Hollow" = "Race Track Holler" if you ask a local - which I am not. 

It's not that big of a deal. Lots of people whine about people surfing too close to their docks - especially when it's one of the people from the north. Just get out to the bigger water at the end of the cove (by the Daymarker 6 sign), and go nuts. 

I'm on the south side of the holler in an orange 23LSV, but you'll probably notice my water dogs first. Two Chocolate Labs that love the lake more than anyone I've ever met - man or beast. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Pro-tip - buy your adult beverages in KY on the way down. You'll get a minimum 30% more for your money than if you wait til you get off of I-75. 

We stock up before we leave with beverages

You have a couple of options, but the best choice is the Lonas Young Park that you will drive thru on your way to the house. Ideally, you will have a boat driver and a truck driver for each boat. Drop the boat in there and take a 20-ish minute drive/ride in the boat and in the truck to get to the house. (I recommend being the boat driver. Maybe the truck will be unloaded before you get there!)

Download the area map into your phone if you don't know the lake or roads well. You will lose phone service in both vehicles on the way to the house. 

Which house are you staying in?