Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Malibu 23 LSV - where is right ballast fill pump?

Ghudler

I’ve been tearing up the floorboards looking for this thing.  It blows the fuse after 5 seconds.  

I have a 2004 23 LSV.  It should be pretty similar.   

Rear left/right ballast fill - Under back middle seat on either side of the V-drive

Rear left/right drain - On bottom front side of ballast.  Access under back corner seats. 

Center fill - In floor access beside driver seat.

Center drain - In floor access beside driver seat.

Bow fill - In floor access beside driver seat.

Bow drain - Under driver console in back left corner in tunnel that separates bow from main area (walkthrough).   Really hard to get to on 2004.  I think some of the newer models created an access panel that can be removed in the walkthrough.

Thank you all!  Mine must be some sort of interim design or a buggered fix?

1. Left and right fill are t’d off one stem On port side of tranny. Right fill is Shurflo laying horizontal facing forward.  Left fill is some sort of weird red pump off the same tee facing aft horizontally. 

2. Left and right drains are somewhere under the transom side floorboards.  heard them but gave up looking.  

3.  Center fill is in stern along side the tranny on the Starboard side. Yup.  

4. Center drain is below in the access hatch next to driver seat. Port side. 

5. Bow fill is in that same hatch, starboard side. 

6. Bow drain is below the drivers console near/under the walk thru.  Did not pursue it but I could hear it. 

I’m drafting up a diagram for future reference. Let me know if you’d like a copy.  

Glenn

ps two cartridges were stuck.  Took them out and spun them a bit.  Fixed two out of 8.  Gonna order a few.  Lol.  

On 6/13/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ghudler said:

1. Left and right fill are t’d off one stem On port side of tranny. Right fill is Shurflo laying horizontal facing forward.  Left fill is some sort of weird red pump off the same tee facing aft horizontally. 

2. Left and right drains are somewhere under the transom side floorboards.  heard them but gave up looking.  

6. Bow drain is below the drivers console near/under the walk thru.  Did not pursue it but I could hear it. 

I’m drafting up a diagram for future reference. Let me know if you’d like a copy.  

Glenn

ps two cartridges were stuck.  Took them out and spun them a bit.  Fixed two out of 8.  Gonna order a few.  Lol.  

Thats a good description of their locations.  I ordered 2 pumps for my 07 LSV as my bow fill and center fill are dead.  I still have not laid eyes on my bow and center drain.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ghudler said:

Glenn

I would love a diagram!!! I've got a 2006 as well. Figured its only a matter of time.