Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 lsv 2nd alignment issue

So any advice here?

boat is just now 2 years old.  300 hrs ( yea hate me)

this is the second time it’s been in for alignment issue.

1st time I felt vibration and it was pulling funny when I was trying to come in straight to dock.  Like never had issue and now boat was fighting me.  Mechanic came to house and got in under it (it’s on a lift) and immediately said he can see the prop shaft was mis-aligned.

part 2

got it back and after some time noticed a whistling at low rpm coming from the v-drive.  Mentioned it to dealer.  They said let’s keep eye on it could be the drive failing.

used boat another 200 hrs.  Now I am super sensitive to vibs and pulling.  Didn’t feel anything except maybe it was vibrating a bit again.

i dove under it and I got prop burn.  Called dealer they came and got it.

being told it’s mis-aligned again.  WHATS GOING ON HERE?.

any advice on how to cover myself here.  I’m concerned damage is done and a simple re-align is just band aiding a larger issue

fyi, I bumped, repeat bumped,  a board on my lift one time at like 5 hours.  Slight bend on prop.  A new prop was put on and I repaired the other.  This isn’t my first boat I have banged the heck out of props before .  This was literally a small bump.  Be like hitting a stick at idle.  The vibration issues didn’t occur till like 100 hrs after this, and dealer said they found the motor bolting was loose.  Had to lift engine to re-align